2k - Bravery gimmick list [SCE, Seraphon, Sylvaneth]

Zen

Ok so I've been toying with this list in my head for a couple of days now, and thought I'd post it to get some input.

Now, this list is by no means a top-tier list, but rather designed to (hopefully) have a pretty interesting game without being stomped too hard. 

The theme of the list, apart from containing just factions that start with the letter S, is to fight the opponents Bravery. Its thus partially shut down by Inspiring presence, Celestant on Dracoth and basically everything - but still.

The list goes as follows:

Dreadwood Wargrove		100 pts
Outcasts batallion		40 pts
Spite Revenants x 4		400 pts
Drycha				280 pts
Saurus Knights			120 pts
3 x Saurus			300 pts
Troglodon			200 pts
Celestant-Prime			360 pts
Decimators			200 pts
Total				2000 pts

Every single entry in this list, except the Dreadwood wargrove, interacts with Bravery in some manner. The units interact with them in different phases though, and some effect bravery in general while others only come into play when taking battleshock tests - so the synergy isn't 100% there.

Outcasts Batallion: if 2 Spite-Revenant units are within 8" of an enemy unit in the hero phase, roll 2d6 and compare to the enemy units bravery. For every point the roll exceed the bravery the unit suffers 1 mortal wound. 

Spite Revenants: Makes terrain within 8" scary, opponents must roll 2 dice and choose the highest when performing battleshock tests within 3" of the terrain. Furthermore, units within 3" of any (so no stacking with several units of Revannts)  Spite-Revenants subtract -1 from their bravery in general.

Drycha Hamadreth: Primal Terror: Spell (hero phase) roll a dice for each enemy unit within 10", add +2. For each point it exceeds the highest bravery in that unit, it suffers a mortal wound.

Saurus Warriors and Saurus Knights: Stardrake icons, if a battleshock test is taken within 5", add 1 to the result. Stardrake icons do not stack.

Troglodon: Primeval Roar: Enemy units within 8" in the battleshock phase must subtract 1 from their bravery.

Celestant-Prime: Retribution from On High: When the Prime lands, subtract -2 bravery from all enemy models within 12" of him until your next hero phase in general.

Decimators: Add 2 to the result of Battleshock tests made for enemy units within 6" of any Decimators.

So the "synergies" here comes into play in the hero phase and the battleshock phase.

In the hero phase, the Outcast Batallion and Drycha's spell are used vs. enemy bravery. Only the Spite-Revenants reduction of bravery comes into play here, really - as the reduction from the Celestant-Prime arriving will have ended, if he arrived the previous turn.

Now, in the battleshock phase is where the action gets good - hopefully! In magical christmas land, the opponents bravery can feasibly be reduced by -7, and they have to roll 2 dice and choose the highest. Likely to happen? No, not really - but the possibility is there!

Having typed this out, I'm not really sure if the Dreadwood wargrove and Drycha are worth it. I was planning on using Drycha as some sort of Alpha striking unit with the wargrove, but I fear her spell will be dispelled most of the time. Also, her interaction with bravery is primarily reserved for the hero phase, so there's almost no synergy between her and the rest of the army. Thoughts?

Also, any suggestions on things to change etc? 

With this list I can use 3 order artifacts, but no heroes who can wield artifacts - which seems a shame...

perhaps drop Drycha (and dreadwood wargrove) and add some generic heroes?

Rufio Symes was doing a Chaos version of this. The problem comes against inspiring presence and because you have to split up your army to take objectives and such. However, in principle taking a few of these units to debuff bravery isn't a bad idea.

18 hours ago, Nico said:

Rufio Symes was doing a Chaos version of this. The problem comes against inspiring presence and because you have to split up your army to take objectives and such. However, in principle taking a few of these units to debuff bravery isn't a bad idea.

Yeah, inspiring presence, as well as several other command abilities and batallion abilities, basically shuts down most of this list.

Archived