Pile in question

Pitt

Question

Lets say I have a hero like Arkhan and he attacks the unit closest to him and kills the unit with his first attack. Arkhan has 3 more attacks and another enemy unit is 2 inches away from Arkhan. Can I pile in with Arkhan and attack with my remaining 3 attacks ?

5 answers to this question

Combat works like this:

Your first make your pile-in move up to 3" if you're within 3" of an enemy unit. Then you must declare ALL attacks beforehand. You can split the attacks as you like but because you declare it before actually attacking, you cannot say "now that this unit is dead, I'll use the remaining attacks on the other unit". It's a regular occurence that some of your attacks are wasted because you killed the remaining guys with 2 of your 5 attacks or whatever. After resolving any or all of your attacks, there is no second movement (like there would be in 40k)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi!

While it is common way to play it that you apply damage and remove models as you work through the attacking unit's attacks, this is actually not  how the rules work:

"Once all of a unit’s attacks have been resolved, add up the damage that was inflicted. The player commanding the target unit must then allocate
a number of wounds to the target unit equal to the damage that was inflicted."

There is more text in the rules doc.

It should not be possible for the defending unit to "rob" the attacking unit of its attacks by removing casualties in a way that drops the remaining attacks out of range.

21 minutes ago, amsoly said:

Do you need to declare all melee weapon attacks or one profile at a time?  (For units/models with multiple melee weapons)

All at the same time. For both units and models with multiple attack profiles (This goes for melee and shooting btw)