Help Mounting a FlameSpyre Pheonix

mmimzie

I bought the Flamesprye Phe20160814_150124.jpgonic to make as a vampire lord on abyssal terror 

As picture here to the Left. The flying stand though is a bulb and not a nice stick.  So i'm trying to figure out how do i mount this guy. I've never cared for models with flying stands so i don't know how others do this.

I've seen folks put the stick in when playing or so how keep it unmounted for better transports. Any help would be much appreciated. 

for transportation there is no better way than magnetization. get two round Rare Earth magnets and sink one into the bottom part of the bird where the balance seems most apparent. Then glue the the other magnet onto the stick. You can re-enforce the magnets grip to the plastic pole using greenstuff if need be.

You will find that there will be no hazzle, and no broken poles using magnets.

Good Luck

Thanks @Lysandestolpe and @Callidan for your great advice. I got nervous and maybe lazy?? So i caved abit and gave the model to my friend.

He kind of did the callidan method, but he just wittled down the round ball and made it a blunt thing.

I wanted it swooping so her drilled a hole in his belly and green stuffed him up quite nice. He looks great!!! He;s supposed to be a vampire lord on abbysal terror... so his base is abit small (60mm round) for him but as a flyer it kinda works out. 

I might remodel the rider to make him doing abit of a stabbing motion. So it looks like he's going in for the kill. 

20160824_000623.jpg

20160824_000635.jpg

20160824_000612.jpg

Gonna do some grey wings (dawnstone, wash, administrator grey). I really want to do those tne wings. The ones where the feathers in the middle are another color usually black. But I'm not sure of the best way to tackle that.

Then I'll do some green flame/energy for the fire. 

Archived