Mixed Duardin

superrunes

Hi, i'm an old player that just got back in to warhammer after spending a few years playing Warmahordes. In the beginning, I started my warhammer career playing Dwarfs, and with some new, cool duardin I wanted to try them out. I will be playing tempest eye in the beginning, to be able to use both dispossessed and overlords. 

I started with some Kharadron overlords, and I have a big lot of dispossessed on the way.  The painting will be very simple, only basecoat, wash and a highlight. With two small children, that is all I have time for now. Anyway, here are the first painted models.

20191026_211025.jpg

20191026_210932.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Go for it! I'm going mixed dwarfs as well and the Balloon boys are an exellent addition because of their speed. Just as food for thought. If you look into the cities of sigmar book and take a Tempest Eye army. One unit in four can be a Kharadron Overlords unit. That allows you to take other allies. I'm allying in Hearthguard Bezerkers with a hero. Because that way I have those old sweet Daemon Slayer Models in my army (painting them as we speak) and it doesn't hurt they are really good as well. 

• 2 months later...

Finally a lot of models to show! I finished of my arkhanauts for now, I don't I will be playing with more than 40, and also my first 5 thunderers and a khemist. 

Next up will be some dispossessed, I think it will be 30 longbeards and maybe a couple gyrocopters when I get tired of rank and file.

20200119_160736.jpg

20200119_160807.jpg

20200119_160457.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished the longbeards! Really nice models, but 30 is a lot to paint. So, next up is 30 hammerers..... 

They will be slightly easier since they don't have shields, but will still take a while. I might paint some other stuff as well, when the hammerers get too tedious.

20200215_212801.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Back with another update!

I just finished my 30 hammerers and 12 skyriggers, now I am really close to a painted 2000 pts of tempest eye duardin, just need to paint up 10 thunderers and 30 ironbreakers. 

Nex time, I will have a photo of all I have painted.

20200316_123021.jpg

20200316_122023.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1