Competitive Mortal Nurgle List

One Armed Hobbyist

Hi everyone,

I will be having my first tournament in January and I'm looking for some feedback on how i could improve my Mortal Nurgle list. Everything  in the list below is fully painted and ready to go but suggestions for improvement would be really great:

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Chaos - Nurgle) [1,940pts] ++

+ Leader +

Epidemius, Tallyman of Nurgle [200pts]

Festus The Leechlord [140pts]: 1. Blades of Putrefaction

Gutrot Spume [140pts]

Harbinger of Decay [160pts]: 1. Grandfather's Blessing, 4. The Witherstave, General

Lord of Blights [140pts]: 1. Rustfang

+ Battleline +

Putrid Blightkings [320pts]: 2x 5 Putrid Blightknigs

Putrid Blightkings [160pts]: 5 Putrid Blightknigs

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Blight Cyst [200pts]: Blight Cyst

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Nurgle

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Command Points +

Purchased Command Points (50)

++ Total: [1,990pts] ++

Any help would b ed really great!

I am still pretty novice but I'm getting alot more games in now the army I have so far is all done.

Thanks!

Edited by One Armed Hobbyist

On 10/2/2019 at 7:23 PM, One Armed Hobbyist said:

I also have a Great Unclean One that I can add in aswell, it's magnetized so I can give him the bell which seems a good way to get up the board.

I dont think epidemius is particularly competetive, so swapping him and festus for the GUO who can provide a 75% increase in base speed to the blightkings, double caster. synergy with blight cyst and rustfang (favored poxes) and a caster with a casting/unbinding range is a legit choice. Also make him the general and give him the witherstave to take the target off the harbinger. Also provide bigger AOE for the witherstave. 

Ive always been tempted to use the Tamurkhans horde sub allegiance. It seems really really strong with the -1 to run and charge rolls, making outflanking/summoning/deepstriking a 10" charge is REALLY strong. plus the required command trait is a further speed boost with great synergy with the trees. The REAL downside is you essentially have to throw away an artefact as the required artefact is horrid, once per battle MW ability. Given you have a battalion  you can still keep the witherstave. I PERSONALLY think its competitive because its counter meta. But I dont think its overtly powerful... if you see what I'm saying. 

Also I perfer to run my kings in large groups. Its easier to string a couple kings out and cover more ground but still tagging one or two with the harbinger to get the morbid vigor buff on the entire unit. But Im also usually running a blob of marauders to bump my body count up a bit so I can afford to reduce the number of units that can cover objectives. Good luck in the event! Be sure to report you day in the main/large Maggotkin tactica thread

On 10/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, sal4m4nd3r said:

Here are the rules for using the tamurkhans horde sub faction if you are curious. 

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-tamurkhans-horde.pdf

I think the Honest Wargamer tagged Tamurkhan's Horde as the single most uncompetitive army in AoS, at least based on the stats!

• Like 1

You might want to consider lord of afflictions. I find him very usefull to carry rustfang, be a fast flyin rsilient mortal who lets all rotbringer units re-roll 1 to hit. (Including himself and obiously all the blightkings in range)

Fly him around touching units with his rustfang.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:20 AM, TheVenerableBede said:

I think the Honest Wargamer tagged Tamurkhan's Horde as the single most uncompetitive army in AoS, at least based on the stats!

Probably because nobody fields them. So the sample size is tiny. If you can afford to "throw away" an artefact.. -1 to run and charge rolls for the opponent is BRUTAL! It also replaces Inspiring presence with a MUCH better version of it. And another +1 to run rolls in an army chock full of run and charge is REALLY good.