Learn how to play Beastgrave.

Rodiger

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/12/learn-to-play-warhammer-underworlds-beastgrave-todaygw-homepage-post-3/

Good change to the opening roll off, winner decides if they want to go first or second. 

I like playing objectives, some improvements with the opening roll off so you can choose to place 3 instead of 2, and if you are on guard you cannot be driven back, but objectives can now be turned into lethal hexes, 2 steps forwards 1 step back, not sure, I still think it's curtains for objective play.

Side note, why must whoever directs these videos persist with the panning shot where the presenter doesn't look at the camera? It is awful, it annoys me so much I get distracted from what they are actually saying. A one off wouldn't be that bad, but it is in every learn to play video, and it is every other shot. Have a panning shot, just tell the presenter to look at the camera. I studied media studies at college, my tutor would have failed me for that shot, it's like they let some work experience student direct it. Sorry for the rant. 

• Like 1

As for Hold Objective decks, it will depend on how easy flipping those Objectives is. There are already ways to remove objectives from the board (at least one spell and ploy, some other Faction-specific), but it's not common and requires setup. The removal of a lot of the anti-Objective cards such as Earthquake, Mischevious Spirits, Shifting Objectives, Distraction, etc helps Hold Objective decks as well (pending reprints, of course). I think Objective Thorns and Gitz have some interest right now, but we'll see once we know more of the Universal cards in the core set.

I've been flogging a dead horse for a while now with objective play, the sheer difficulty of it and the amount of obstacles in the way make it so hard, but I like a challenge. Yeah, the rotation of those cards out will help a lot, although we don't know if similar cards will replace them. We will have to see how easy or difficult it is to turn an objective into a lethal hex, I am assuming as it is a new game mechanic it will be easier than harder, hope I am wrong though. I think objective play will be in a stronger position than it was, but compared to an aggro play I think it will still be quite far behind. 

Getting to choose who places 3 objectives is huge, I would have won a lot more games if had not 'won' the roll off, your opponent sticking the third objective at the back could lose you a game.

Also not getting driven back off objectives with guard is a great help too, I have a lot of cards in my hand to stop fighters being driven back, that would free up a lot of card space. 

Anyway I'm not bothering with season 3, I have enough with the first two seasons, however, I will be implementing those rule changes into the games I play.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:44 AM, Rodiger said:

Side note, why must whoever directs these videos persist with the panning shot where the presenter doesn't look at the camera? It is awful, it annoys me so much I get distracted from what they are actually saying. A one off wouldn't be that bad, but it is in every learn to play video, and it is every other shot. Have a panning shot, just tell the presenter to look at the camera. I studied media studies at college, my tutor would have failed me for that shot, it's like they let some work experience student direct it. Sorry for the rant. 

haha I feel your pain. For me it's acceptable because you know its not planned beforehand but i's just a secondary camera that they use to cut mistakes and wildlines. So the actress is just looking into camera one and the camera choice is done in post. That said, for a business set up as that you would imagine multiple takes or planned line brakes, or even a multicam switching board should be very much possible. 

On 9/14/2019 at 7:02 AM, Rodiger said:

Getting to choose who places 3 objectives is huge, I would have won a lot more games if had not 'won' the roll off, your opponent sticking the third objective at the back could lose you a game

Its massive for objective play. Especially because cards like hidden paths and spectral wings are gone, an aggro player wants to win board placement but has to make the choice between giving his opponent 3 objectives or having a bad board setup which will stall them

On 9/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, Rodiger said:

Soooooo much this!