Spite Revenants Unbridled Malice Any Good?

T10

3 hours ago, XReN said:

An Unbridled Malice refers to a "test" and not "roll"

Yes, in warhammer if something has a different name it is a different thing - think about spells and endless spells - they are not the same and mods, abilities and all that does NOT apply to endless spells unless it specifically says that it does. There is no such thing as hit test or save test, there are rolls. 

This is how things have been in GW wargames for those 8 years I'm playing them and simply by RAW the roll is different to test.

The rules define "hit rolls" and "wound" rolls (see KT's quote earlier), but it does not define "rolls" as a distinct group of rules to which we are directed today special attention to. It is incredulous that this subtle distinction should exist in the extremely concise rules text of AoS without this being explicitly stated in the core rules or elaborated upon in the designers commentary. Baselessly inferring that it does is pure fantasy.

I can't say I have got the same extent of experience with GW war games as yourself, but I do recall that the last edition of WFB actually did define "tests" as an actual rule, including how they worked. So we know  GW has the ability to build this into their rules, but for AoS they did not. Did they forget? Doesn't really matter. It's not in the rules: It's not in the game.

-T10

2 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

It's not fantasy. It's different words. Words have meanings. These two words have two different meanings. It's pretty clear how it works. 

Sure they do. But words and phrases like "move" and "wound roll" and "casting value" have meaning within the game because their meaning is declared in terms of rules. 

FWIW, i think T-10 is still technically correct.

Question; Are there any units in the game that inherently possess the ability to "reroll failed bravery tests?" Because if that ability is ever present on a bravery 6+ unit, then it would be impossible to use.

Personally, I just finished painting 40 Spite-Revenants, so I will be shamelessly playing it in my favor, at least until someone makes me stop lol.