1 hour ago, Kramer said:

How? 😂 this is amazing. The colours Re so real. That’s a winter wonderland and no mistake. 

Thanks. Painted the same way as the units, and nice and quick too (but messy).

1) Prime Wraithbone

2) Heavy coverage with a large brush using Wyldwood + Contrast Medium about 4:1 ratio paint to medium. Cover everything except the leaves

3) Paint Apocathary White over the leaves, leaving the edges wraith bone. Paint more under the leaves where shadows would fall to exaggerate the shade.

4) Wash the wood and rocks in Athonian Camoshade.

5) Drybrush Krieg Khaki over the wood, and Ulthuan Grey over the rocks.

6). Cover in Valhallan Blizzard snow on the open areas and on some parts of the tree tops.

The glowing bits are Aethermatic Blue, dry brushed Ulthuan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richyp said:

Thanks. Painted the same way as the units, and nice and quick too (but messy).

1) Prime Wraithbone

2) Heavy coverage with a large brush using Wyldwood + Contrast Medium about 4:1 ratio paint to medium. Cover everything except the leaves

3) Paint Apocathary White over the leaves, leaving the edges wraith bone. Paint more under the leaves where shadows would fall to exaggerate the shade.

4) Wash the wood and rocks in Athonian Camoshade.

5) Drybrush Krieg Khaki over the wood, and Ulthuan Grey over the rocks.

6). Cover in Valhallan Blizzard snow on the open areas and on some parts of the tree tops.

The glowing bits are Aethermatic Blue, dry brushed Ulthuan.

Really!? I would have guessed you would go the other way. A desaturated Green on the leaves first and then the white. But with contrast that isn't going to work I guess. 

Thanks! 

17 hours ago, richyp said:

Cheers, its just paint and varnish, What I did was paint the whole base in Wyldwood, then where I wanted water I added a very watery layer of Incubi Darkness and dotted in some green in various patches so it'd bleed into the watery incubi for some variation. Once that's dried I brushed 'Ard Coat over it to give it the wet look.

I wrote an article on Goonhammer where I used the same process for slime bases on my Nurgle guys: https://www.goonhammer.com/how-to-base-everything-pools-of-slime/

Awesome man - thanks for that. Have the link saved for later ;) 

Painted the last 10 Dryads, and 6 Kurnoth Hunters with Great Swords today. Completing exactly 2000pts of Sylvaneth

IMG_2323.jpg.31cd11b822d6c28c222c0dfa51533007.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg.50532fe4df330547a120160a197d6b75.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg.07536868e5bac67231354cdb91864673.jpg

Here's the full 2000pts

IMG_2330.jpg.6b107adda837550f6403cbf89807f2d4.jpg

All that's missing is a 2nd Wyldwood which will complete the army ready for its first non-skirmish outing next time I head to Warhammer World.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 months later...