Who has first turn in a Meeting Engagement match?

Pitloze

Question

I've read the GHB part for meeting engagement a few times. Including the battleplans. But it's still a mystery to me who actually has first turn. The battleplans do have you roll off who sets up a unit first.  But after that they don't refer to anything to dictate who goes first (including the core rules of the player who has set up everything before the other player has goes first).

So who goes first in ME and where can I find that information?

3 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

I've read the GHB part for meeting engagement a few times. Including the battleplans. But it's still a mystery to me who actually has first turn. The battleplans do have you roll off who sets up a unit first.  But after that they don't refer to anything to dictate who goes first (including the core rules of the player who has set up everything before the other player has goes first).

So who goes first in ME and where can I find that information?

Well, after Meeting Engagements uses the corerules like all other rulepack. How about Corerule PDF, page 3, Battlerounds, Second Paragraph?

At the start of each battle round, the
players must roll off, and the winner
decides who takes the first turn. If the
roll-off is a tie, then the player who
went first in the last battle round can
choose who goes first in this one, but
if it is the first battle round, the player
that finished setting up their army
first chooses who has the first turn.

And the set-up army is the spearhead in that case.

Edited by EMMachine

27 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

I was thinking that it would. But doesn't say anywhere that it does in the ME segment. It does refer to the core book for some terrain stuff which only adds to my confusion.

I'm just going to go by the core rules then.

The point why the corerules are mentioned in case of Scenary, is because Meeting Engagements restricts which terrain warscroll can be used in and has to make a rule how other terrain is to handle. (like if you want to place the "Eternity Stair" Terrain piece but unable to use for example the "Eternity Stair" Warscroll because of the Terrain Tables that are used in Meeting Engagements).

Mostly because the corerules would allow the "Eternity Stair" warscroll with the last sentence of Terrain:

If a warscroll is available for a
terrain feature, you can use the rules
on the warscroll instead of using a
rule from the Scenery table.

Core Rules that aren't overridden by a rulepackage don't need to be mentioned in the rulepackage

Edited by EMMachine