Need help with an MORTAL NURGLE list

Yosinuke

1x Lord of Chaos

1x Daemon Prince (for the case the Lord of Chaos becomes one)

1x Chaos Sorcerer Lord

30x Chaos Warriors

10x Blightkings

5x Chaos Knights

This is what I would like to try out, if you have improvements just tell me. I would like to stay with the NURGLE MORTAL keywords.

So far those are 1500 points, I am going to play mostly 1000 games and sometimes in the future maybe some 2000 point games.

well..nurgle is in a awkward place with chaos currently. same as tzeentch.

for 1k games you wont have many troops on the board an there's not likely to be much assassinations attempts.

id go, 

harbinger of decay, 

20 chaos warriors

sorcerer lord, 

knights

daemon prince of nurgle

I like to run 3 units of Blightkings in 1000pt games and fill in the rest depending on my mood or what's just come off the painting table. 

The Maggoth Lords and Glottkin are fantastic centre pieces for your army and will make khorne players jealous as they don't have anything as cool :D

1 hour ago, Nico said:

The Maggoths and Glottkin are average and again cannot compete with Khorne. 

Pray for a good allegiance pack.

Khorne just seems so fragile, maybe I'm missing something.

What synergies are Skaven using, or are they just good in general?

8 minutes ago, Bronouns said:

What synergies are Skaven using, or are they just good in general?

they are. but khorne cares not from where the blood comes, as long as it does. 

blood warriors, skullreapers/wrathmongers i'm really enjoying these  units currently.  if you take a large enough unit of blood warriors like say 30. you gotta kill them at range, its going to really hurt otherwise.  a couple of units of 5 skull reapers again, they  kill and kill when they are killed, wack 2 bloodsecretor banners down an their pumping out the attacks ( 4/5+ typically) whack a big scary monster in there to draw fire an kill something before it dies.

Wrath mongers also buff units attacks. both your and theirs so careful. but when they die they force the enemy to attack themselves. ( good counter elite/hero unit ) so you want to attack first with these guys so the unit you've got into combat with don't wipe them out an hurt themselves more.   

i'm considering the manticore lord marked as khorne an try make sure he gets the effect of 2 banners. that's 8 gained attacks 8! for a total of 20+d6, if you don't kill him hes going to kill you lol.  anyway.. lets stay on topic. 

40 minutes ago, Bronouns said:

Fluffy mad men and a god who cares not where his blood and skulls come from.

But it is possibly to buff bloodreavers in excess of 5 attacks each and if i remember correctly they are 60 points or 80pts for 10.

Crazy cheap horde of frothing mad men with tons of damage and i dont care if they die = win on every level in my opinion. 

Here's a semi-decent Nurgle/Everchosen list. It's eligible for Everchosen Allegiance.

1 x Plaguetouched Warband (0)

1 x Archaon, the Everchosen (1)

1 x Orghotts Daemonspew (1)

1 x Harbinger of Decay (1)

1 x Blightkings (5)

1 x Blightkings (5)

3 x Marauders (28)

1 x Chaos Warriors (10) Double handed weapons

1 x Chaos Spawn

1 x Varanguard (3)

The units in blue text are battleline.

Annoyingly I cannot fit in a Chaos Sorceror Lord.

Fluffy mad men and a god who cares not where his blood and skulls come from.

But it is possibly to buff bloodreavers in excess of 5 attacks each and if i remember correctly they are 60 points or 80pts for 10.

Crazy cheap horde of frothing mad men with tons of damage and i dont care if they die = win on every level in my opinion. 

How fluffy are the Bloodbound?

So fluffy that they wear bunny ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wondering the same thing.  Currently have no units but like the look of the Rotbringers.  Here's a thought I was working towards for a 2k list (even though I won't get there straight away, I like to have a plan in place from the start!).

Festus the Leechlord

Rotbringers Sorceror

The Glottkin

5 * Putrid Blightkings

5 * Putrid Blightkings

5 * Putrid Blightkings

5 * Chaos Knights

5 * Chaos Knights

5 * Chaos Knights

1 * Chaos Chariots

1 * Chaos Chariots

I think this would work with multiple waves of attacks.  I'm interested in comments on this list?  I also like that I could use this as the base for splitting into a pure Rotbringers and a pure Slaves to Darkness army.

With the Chaos Chariots, is there any benefit in having it as one unit of 2 rather than 2 units of 1 model?  As far as I can tell, having them as individual units is better as I get the exalted status for them both - am I missing something?

@PainD I'm kind of interested in chariots myself. One of the big drawbacks of playing Nurgle is how slowly they move. You are probably always going to be setting yourself up to accept the charge rather than launch the charge, especially if you are playing Rotbringers and your choice of units is so narrow.

But chariots offer some much needed speed and maneuverability. For 280 points you could build a unit of three chariots that could fan out to block off routes to objectives, grab objectives themselves, or hunt characters/warmachines lurking in the backlines. Is it a worthwhile strategy? I really can't say. For the most part though I have been really impressed with how well my chariot performs if I keep it on these simple missions.

Archived