LoN 2k last tweaks

Dongilles

Hello all,

for my upcomming tournament list I need to do some final tweaks ( if GHB 2019 does not ****** the points up to much)

this is my current list

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord of the Undead(800)
- General
- Lores of the Dead Spell 1: Fading Vigour (Deathmages)
- Lores of the Dead Spell 2: Decrepify (Deathmages)
- Lores of the Dead Spell 3: Amaranthine Orb (Vampires)
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades

Units
5 x Black Knights (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Umbral Spellportal (60)

Total: 1880 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 126

I have 120 points to spare and need to pick an artifact.

regarding the points, i have some doubts between extra wolfs, black knights or spirit hosts or... something.

and what artifact would do good in this list? I normally use the timeglass but has never really done anything for me

9 hours ago, warhammernerd said:

I’d sack off orb and take Pinions, and take Balefire Lantern. That item is a total workhorse. Stick it vamp lord and fly him around with Nagash, pain in the ass.

I know a lot of people use Pinions instead of the orb but I never need my Vampire lord or Nagash to have the 5 extra inches and they both already fly.

Because the rest of the army is farly slow they can easily keep up and do what they want.

The Balefire Lantern is a great idea! This would work great with Nagash and all debuff spells

14 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

+10 on Nagash on a 9+ is a terrifying threat. Every turn you make the casting, if it goes off 19” + 2d6 charge is mega. Orb is tooo swingy. 

thats true on a natural roll of 9+ the potential is huge and it would be good to charge more often with Nagash. Most of the times I keep him more in the back because I do not want to lose him.

Do you also have some tips for the 120 points I have to spare?

5 hours ago, Dongilles said:

Do you also have some tips for the 120 points I have to spare?

I‘d invest in wolves... 10puppies are fast and sturdy objective grabbers. Never had any luck with black knights, but your mileage...

(No knights or palisade-> corpse cart and total of 2x 10 puppies)

but that’s just my love for 3+ dogs in the woods (5+, cart, terrain) XD

If this is a GHoN allegiance I’d drop the Black Knights and bring two Morghasts with Spirit Halberds.  They do flanking better than Black Knights.  If flanking isn’t needed that can be used for a wide area surgical threat.  Other than them being at the mercy of so few Attack dice even if they just end up supporting skeletons they will find a job to do.

Archived