Casting and Dispelling endless spells in same turn.

darranh1

Question

Just a rule check as theorising a strategy for myrmourn banshees.

Basically If a wizard (Reikenor) casts quicksilver swords successfully, I place and move immediately damaging a unit, then can my Myrmourn banshees then dispel it (gaining an additional attack at 1D3 model cost) and then use guardian of souls to potentially to bring back models. Both castings subject to unbinds of course.

Appreciate that's tying up Reikenor to cast a pretty weak spell, and a lot of hassle to get +1 attack on 12 banshees(!) so not entirely sure would be worth it and wondering if others find banshees useful, or are they just too situational to be of use. I mean I could add 20 chainrasps and a command point to my army instead!

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, darranh1 said:

Just a rule check as theorising a strategy for myrmourn banshees.

Basically If a wizard (Reikenor) casts quicksilver swords successfully, I place and move immediately damaging a unit, then can my Myrmourn banshees then dispel it (gaining an additional attack at 1D3 model cost) and then use guardian of souls to potentially to bring back models. Both castings subject to unbinds of course.

Appreciate that's tying up Reikenor to cast a pretty weak spell, and a lot of hassle to get +1 attack on 12 banshees(!) so not entirely sure would be worth it and wondering if others find banshees useful, or are they just too situational to be of use. I mean I could add 20 chainrasps and a command point to my army instead!

It doesn't work because you dispell Endless Spells at the start of the Herophase.

• Thanks 1