RuneBrush's Idoneth Isharann Soulrender

Sadly I've not been able to post up a lot of what I've been working on over the past 8 or 9 months.  Some has been "top secret" and other bits not Age of Sigmar related.  I am happy however that last weekend I went to my local GW store for it's anniversary event, which included a small painting competition.  As a bit of a break from the Golden Demon entries I've been working on, @Chrisdanish kindly picked up a random hero character for me to paint up (I let him chose!).  This model was done very much as a speed paint - clocking in around 15 hours (although that did include a 3am finish the day before the competition).

Really happy with how this came out!  As somebody who normally paints red, moving into the blue tones was a bit of a change.  There are lots of things that I could actually have done better if I'd spent more time on them - the fish took around 50 minutes to complete so doesn't have as many details on it as it ideally should do!  The robes would also have benefited with a matt varnish as my initial shading went shiny as anything.

20190504_212649_resized_1.jpg.b1f721ab6b66a3bd72864b268ed2de87.jpg

20190504_212722_resized_1.jpg.74b46a4a36e0620a3fe6a446f4134638.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Our definition of SPEED painting really differs 😂

amazing stuff again! 

Lol, cheers!  Never been a fast painter in truth!  Was finishing off the jaw on a megaboss for GD this weekend during a Skype hobby hangout.  In the time it took for me to finish off that tiny piece, a mate had put the base colours on 20 Squig Bounders 🤣

• Haha 1