What is a "normal move"?

willange

Question

Is a normal move any move performed in the movement phase (regular, run, retreat) but not movement performed in other phases?  Or is it only a movement phase, non-run, non-retreat move?  I'm asking specifically because of the wording on the Doomwheel warscroll.  Initially, I thought this just meant that I couldn't run over people while retreating/charging, but then I began to wonder if I also couldn't run over people if I ran as part of my move.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  I've done some internet searching, but I've found nothing.  I just don't know where "normal move" is defined.

2 answers to this question

Well now I feel dumb, this is answered in the Designer's Commentary for the Core Rules:

Q: Some abilities refer to a model or unit making a ‘normal move’. Does this include normal moves where the model or unit runs or retreats? A: Yes.

1 hour ago, willange said:

Is a normal move any move performed in the movement phase (regular, run, retreat) but not movement performed in other phases?  Or is it only a movement phase, non-run, non-retreat move?  I'm asking specifically because of the wording on the Doomwheel warscroll.  Initially, I thought this just meant that I couldn't run over people while retreating/charging, but then I began to wonder if I also couldn't run over people if I ran as part of my move.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  I've done some internet searching, but I've found nothing.  I just don't know where "normal move" is defined.

Q: What is the difference between a move made in the movement phase and a charge move or pile-in move?

A: In Warhammer Age of Sigmar, units can move in the movement phase, the charge phase and the combat phase. Moves made in the movement phase are considered to be ‘normal’ moves, while moves made in the charge phase are charge moves, and those in the combat phase are pile-in moves. In addition, things that allow a unit to move ‘as if it were the movement phase’, allow a unit to make a normal move. The distance a model can move and the restrictions that apply to the move vary depending on the type of move being made, as shown on the chart below. 

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/AoS_FAQ_The_Rules_v1.2.pdf

Archived