Desperate: Anyone have RECENTLY REMOVED edition of a warscroll- Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team UPDATED warscroll from the AoS app?

Zanzou

I couldn't help but notice that even though the Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team is a relatively new model and had POINTS for it in the last GHB and was in the APP until VERY recently, it was just removed along with the new Skaven battletome.

Does anyone have a copy of the most recent/ up-to-date version of the warscroll from the AoS app?  Or also know if the points had changed since GHB 2018?  

13 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

Does anyone have a copy of the most recent/ up-to-date version of the warscroll from the AoS app?  Or also know if the points had changed since GHB 2018?

There actually is a more updated scroll around somewhere that was a definitive buff to the unit, hinting that it was meant to be part of the tome (along with the tome clearly having it included in pictures) but I can't seem to find it now... I can't recall if it was in the app or not. Before they became squatted, they were 60 points I believe.

15 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

(...As games workshop slowly destroys their own game every year by removing every trace of recent rules for fan favourite models...)

Funny, I think the game is doing quite the opposite and growing at a pretty crazy rate. A lot of people were upset with some of the Skaven changes and thought that "GW are going after MY collection!" and that's simply not the case. What probably is the case is that the IoB\SoD molds were mixed with the Aelves and could not be re-done short of redoing the mold. I have 5 Mortars sitting around collecting dust.. they can always be re-purposed as Acolytes.

7 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

There actually is a more updated scroll around somewhere that was a definitive buff to the unit, hinting that it was meant to be part of the tome (along with the tome clearly having it included in pictures) but I can't seem to find it now... I can't recall if it was in the app or not. Before they became squatted, they were 60 points I believe.

Funny, I think the game is doing quite the opposite and growing at a pretty crazy rate. A lot of people were upset with some of the Skaven changes and thought that "GW are going after MY collection!" and that's simply not the case. What probably is the case is that the IoB\SoD molds were mixed with the Aelves and could not be re-done short of redoing the mold. I have 5 Mortars sitting around collecting dust.. they can always be re-purposed as Acolytes.

I can appreciate if people have different opinions on the direction GW is taking the game.  My opinion is that although GW is indeed growing it's not because they're removing rules/ support for not-even-old-looking models!! The fact GW is doing some things right just make it hurt all the more when they randomly pull support...

As far as repurposing as acolytes goes, although they are both poison it is sadly not comparable for me to a long range mortar... Lobbing 1 big blob across the field that is either a hit or miss is what makes a mortar cool!

Thank you for the input of what you can remember though!  I am going to keep searching if anyone finds anything it would be greatly greatly appreciated if you post it here!!

4 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

As far as repurposing as acolytes goes, although they are both poison it is sadly not comparable for me to a long range mortar... Lobbing 1 big blob across the field that is either a hit or miss is what makes a mortar cool!

Thank you for the input of what you can remember though!  I am going to keep searching if anyone finds anything it would be greatly greatly appreciated if you post it here!!

If you want a long range mortar, the catapults have became much better than they previously were, especially with Foulrain battalion.. hell, I plan to proxy 2-3 one game just see how they perform. Of course, that isn't exactly "Skryre" if that's what you're looking for.

Sorry I couldn't do more, maybe someone else has saved it somewhere.. but I think I saw the updated scroll on the app but had to specifically search for it (and it's name may have even changed) and it was definitely much better off. Either way, it was still compendium and no longer had proper points values which only matters if you play matched play.

No worries, thanks for the help.  Part of why I think you might be correct that they were intended to be in the battletome is that I cannot even find them listed in the any of their compendium/ outdated scroll catalogues on their website. It is neither listed in the outdated warscrolls, nor in the battletome,  what gives?  I really hope someone on this site maybe downloaded the warscroll earlier this year!

Our gaming group is interested in the most recently valid matched play warscrolls/ points not because we are super super competitive, but because that's basically the only way of playing that's looked at by balance teams.  For us it's more fun if it feels like people put a lot of thought into it being fair for the recent meta of the game.

2 hours ago, B.C.D. said:

Here you go :) screenshotted in February. Don't think they changed them since

1.jpg

2.jpg

First of all, wow! Thank you!  I was hoping someone randomly screenshotted it- was it just coincidence you had that or were you trying to archive warscrolls in case they got pulled?  Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

There actually was a change after the tome came out, but I think it was only on the app for a week at most, so even this is technically not the most recent.

There was?? Geeze... What are the chances someone would have DL'd that if it was only 1 week?

2 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

There was?? Geeze... What are the chances someone would have DL'd that if it was 1 week?

Yep, the above was before the book. Like I said, when the tome came out you could manually search for the mortar and it would be listed but it wouldn't be listed normally. It had a warscroll change and was made much better than the above scroll..but yeah, didn't last long.

That said, I suppose the above was the last legal version of it released.

Archived