New to FEC looking for list building advice (Multiple lists)

Uldakamedes

So I'm joining a local tournament its an SC Escalation league it'll go for about 7 weeks starting 500pts ending with 1500 final week will be a mega battle the only stipulation is my box has to be in every list as I upgrade and add other things. Completely new to the army just got the book wanted some input/ advice on my lists maybe where I could maximize, swap or better choices on commands and such. Talked to the TO and he said I could run a 670 list to start where my army box isn't at that starting level. 

Week 1 500 
Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts 
- Grand Court: Blisterskin 

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400) 
- General 
- Trait: Hellish Orator 
-
Artefact: Eye of Hysh 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast 
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed 
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100) 
3 x Crypt Flayers (170) 

Total: 670 / 500 
Wounds: 36 

Week 2 1000 
- Grand Court: Morgaunt 

- General 
- Trait: Savage Chivalry 
-
Artefact: Decrepit Coronet 

Abhorrant Archregent (200) 
- Lore of Madness: Bonestorm 
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200) 
3 x Crypt Flayers (170) 
Cadaverous Barricade (30) 

Total: 1000 / 1000 
Wounds: 53 

Week 3 and 4 

- General 
-

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60) 
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300) 
3 x Crypt Flayers (170) 
Cadaverous Barricade (30) 
Chalice of Ushoran (40) 

Total: 1200 / 1250 
Extra Command Points: 1 
Wounds: 69 

Week 5,6,7 1500 

- General 
-

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60) 
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200) 
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200) 
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200) 
3 x Crypt Flayers (170) 
Chalice of Ushoran (40) 

Total: 1470 / 1500 
Wounds: 99 

Welcome to the Protectors of the Realm, glory to the lady of the lake !!!

Your lists look kinda friendly... a lot of mid-size ghouls with no/one hero for regeneration?! No heavy hitting combos except for your King on gheist?!

6 knights with supporting hero, in case of horrors an additional Abhorrent (King or regent) will teach them a lesson...

plan out your extra models for summoning, get a varghulf 

And if you’re not trying to make new friends.... buy the start collecting boxes and go gristlegore 😈

Of consider going out on a feast day week 1, free feeding frenzy and choice of artifact /trait and their hate and envy will warm your heart

Love that you you're choosing Morgaunt, too many people are locked into the "Gristlegore or bust"-mentality. The book has other builds. Some thoughts;

- Keep your ghouls either 10 or 40. 20 does nothing for you except when they're the Archregent freebie, and with Morgaunt, you want that CP chance of a full return to really pay off.

- A second monster king is going to take you a long way in terms of tactical advantages. I know everyone and their dog says Terrorgheist is better, but mathematically the ZD does more damage against anything not Ethereal (especially with the double hits on sixes).

- Good choice of Blood Feast, but Bonestorm is the worst spell in the book. Consider taking something that offers you more utility.

- Save your Flayers for summoning, get more Ghouls or re-arrange the points for a second monster. Generally, you want to keep your "on the table" points for battleline and damage, and grab Knights that aren't battleline via summons with Morgaunt.

Most importantly, good luck!

4 hours ago, Payce said:

too many people are locked into the "Gristlegore or bust"-mentality. 

True words... feast day and blisterskin also have some crazy options.

Not experienced the charging Hallowmourne court yet. But the run and charge and reroll 1s to wound sounds pretty good, if you have a king somewhere within 15“...

As a rule of thumb ghouls 10/40 and knights in 6s. Never leave whatever without buffing heroes!!!  and try it all out, because it‘s not stupid if it works 😺

Spell wise I would take the speed spells depending on the knights. deranged for horrors and spirit host for flayers. But that also kinda depends on the chosen court and the Board set up. Or the regeneration blood feast. A bit tricky to have best choice since also ALL the signature spells are pretty good too.

also chronomatic cogs from the malign sorcery is good to get in peoples faces and get the charges off. the chalice is also pretty nice to regenerate your models, even in the enemies turn.

I‘m really digging the helter skelter glorious charge or bust approach on the knights... screaming: die filthy demons, for the lady!!! While moving kinda sub-tactically into the enemy 

I dig the lists you chose and the advice everyone gave already. I like Blisterskin but I haven't done a ton of research into Morgaunt myself.

Blood Feast is a great spell, definitely bring it. Bonestorm is underwhelming imo, I'd suggest bringing Monstrous Vigour to keep the damage up on your Terrorgheist.

Thanks for the input folks I decided to drop Morgaunt in favor of Hallowmourne having read into it a bit more plus all your advice, Bonus I thought it would be funny to tell people I'm running a Bret cav army when asked what I'm running for the league. Even though lore says they aren't we all know they are xP.

Sorry for the giant list of lists but here's where I'm at, Also planning on using Regent to summon Varghulf.

500pts Week 1

- Grand Court: Hollowmourne
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Grave Robber 
- Artefact: Corpsefane Gauntlet 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)

Total: 660 / 500
Wounds: 36

1000pts week 2

- General
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Cadaverous Barricade (30)

Total: 990 / 1000
Wounds: 58

1250pts Week 3 and 4
- General
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1240 / 1250
Wounds: 71

1500pts Week 5,6,7

Mortal Realm: Shyish
- General
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
9 x Crypt Horrors (480)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Wounds: 83

8 hours ago, Uldakamedes said:

Even though lore says they aren't we all know they are xP.

Sorry for the giant list of lists but here's where I'm at,

The holy knights of grail, riding out for the glory of dundee!!!

All your lists look kinda ok, with the extra varghulf and a unit of knights from the gkotg, you should be able to have reliable regeneration and do some outflanking tactics. Remember to keep your Abhorrent within 15“ of the horrors for the to hit reroll.

there are a bunch of possible playstyles available for FEC, so I‘ll guess one has to pick a starting point somewhere and build the first army in some direction. Flayer Feast Day, ghoul hordes or Gristlegore Stampede is something to look into afterwards...

18 hours ago, Honk said:

The holy knights of grail, riding out for the glory of dundee!!!

All your lists look kinda ok, with the extra varghulf and a unit of knights from the gkotg, you should be able to have reliable regeneration and do some outflanking tactics. Remember to keep your Abhorrent within 15“ of the horrors for the to hit reroll.

there are a bunch of possible playstyles available for FEC, so I‘ll guess one has to pick a starting point somewhere and build the first army in some direction. Flayer Feast Day, ghoul hordes or Gristlegore Stampede is something to look into afterwards...

Yeah for sure, this will definitely be an army I plan on painting fully piecemeal and continuing to collect for more nutty combos down the road. I just wanted to do something a little Mello for this league that still had some kick, mostly to encourage newer people joining in for the first time to stick with the game and to bring more people watching on the outside to come into the game.

Archived