First Stormcast list (2000)

Heaven_lord

Hi !

I just bought my first AoS army and wonder if I can build a decent (competitive at best) list around models I own. I also Can buy other models if mandatories for competitive play.

Here are all my models:

1x Lord Aquilor 

1x Knight Incantor

1x Everblaze comet
2x Lord Relictor 
1x Knight Venator 
1x Knight Azyros 
9x Raptors with Longstrikes 
3x Raptors with Longstrikes 
5x Judicators 
5x Judicators 
5x Liberators 
5x Hunters 
3x Aetherwings 

Thanks a lot guys for your help!!!

Several things:

1. you have only one wizard in your army, that's not very good when you want to use the endless spell, especially the comet. Since you will want to cast the comet, dispell it, cast it, dispell repeatly to utilize it to a maximum

2. All of your units are pretty "fragile" except the liberators, which might cause your opponent to wipe out your army if they get a successful charge before you can do any damage, which is totally possible since your have so many drops that you can't go first in first battle round.

3. What's the idea of bringing two relictor? 

4."I might be wrong with this point." I think you bring too much longstrike, considering their points, longstrike is good at killing key enemy hero but not very efficient on deleting horde unit.

Besides the above, you might want to head over to the Stormcast Discussion thread to get an idea what competitive Stormcast lists are about. To sum it up the short essentials are: bring Sequitors, Evocators and Ballistae with one of the following gimmicks:

Gavriel Sureheart and Evocators for supreme alphastrike with guaranteed charge from Scions.

Exploding Stardrake (rerollable 2+ save through buffs, doing mw on 6s)

Anvils Longstrikes (shoot twice a turn, with a seasoning of teleporting Lord Aquillor, maybe the closest to what you have)

There are a lot of variations of these "archetypes" and i make no claim for this to be complete, but it should help you build towards a strong list if that is what you aim for.

5 hours ago, Lucur said:

Besides the above, you might want to head over to the Stormcast Discussion thread to get an idea what competitive Stormcast lists are about. To sum it up the short essentials are: bring Sequitors, Evocators and Ballistae with one of the following gimmicks:

Gavriel Sureheart and Evocators for supreme alphastrike with guaranteed charge from Scions.

Exploding Stardrake (rerollable 2+ save through buffs, doing mw on 6s)

Anvils Longstrikes (shoot twice a turn, with a seasoning of teleporting Lord Aquillor, maybe the closest to what you have)

There are a lot of variations of these "archetypes" and i make no claim for this to be complete, but it should help you build towards a strong list if that is what you aim for.

I heard about an Anvilstrike archetype, is an example list exists?

I thought about that:

Castellant

Knight Heraldor

Knight Azyros

Lord Aquilor (general)

5 liberators

5 judicators

5 hunters

10 evocators

3 Aetherwings

9 longstrike

And 130 points left (maybe a knight venator or 2x10 skinks?)

What do you think about that?

Thanks

Archived