Painting scheme for ice-themed Nagash army

Navezof

Hi there, 

Leaving my cute rat-men for a moment, I wanted to start an army of undead. So, I turned to Nagash himself because, master of the dead and all seemed a good start. Anyway, I plan to get some skelies and start experimenting, but I wanted to try something different than the usual bone-colored bones, and go more toward an ice theme (similar to the Lich-King in warcraft 3, maybe)

The main colors for this scheme are black and blue with silver lining (literally). Everything bone would be black with blue glow, the tissue bright blue and the metal colored silver with blue shade. And the whole on a snowy base. At least that's how I picture it.

But, what are you opinion on that ? Do you think this paint scheme goes well together and with the model ? Do you have some recommandation for specific paint (especially for the metal) I could use ? Do you have any references you could share ?

To finish this post, I feel like I should do a death related joke or something, but I probably should not be so dead set about it...

Thanks a lot and cheers!

Here he is, my first soldier for my Nagash ice themed army!

skl1.jpg.b8cd0281d985e077728dd785701290ac.jpg

I will still tweak and test more colours to see if I can do better. For the moment I'm quite happy with the black/blue scheme, I will continue on this way trying to have a bright blue in the crack of the figurine covered by  pure black.

For this model I did a light drybrushing in Dark Reaper and then Hoeth Blue but, maybe I won't for the next time, counting on the bright blue "inside" the bones to give more depth to the model.

I'm still not convinced with the tissue, I tried some kind of matte blue, but maybe I'll try something based on teal color, maybe black + sotek green? Or maybe going with the nighhaunt look of Blight Green.

For the metal part I'm on a leadbelcher + runefang steel + drakenhof shade, and… meh. Granted I did it only on the helmet and the blade, I will try with a shield next (and since the sprue comes with way more shield than needed, I have some failure ahead :)

skl3.jpg.091d66f1daf4991b41b2fe25a9c8c232.jpg

In any case, works is still in progress but any opinion is warmly welcome :)

Archived