Mixed Order army list help.

Korvak

Hey all.

I've decided that I want to get out to more matched play events this year. As it stands the only armies I have are the one I took to Warhammer Achievements at Blood & Glory last year, and the one I'll take this year that I'm still working on.

So I'll be aiming to take what was a fully converted, narrative driven army and turn it into a fully converted matched play suitable army.

Now I'm not expecting to go 5-0, but I'd like to come up with something that won't go 0-5 either.

Here's what I've come up with so far (units with an * are not yet owned, so those are the main sections up for change) :

Faction: Grand Alliance Order

Realm: Shyish

Leaders:

Morathi, High Oracle of Khaine*

Glade Lord on Forest Dragon
- General
- Trait: Inspiring
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet

Isharann Tidecaster

Sorceress

Battleline:

Dryads x30

Reavers x5

Highborn Spearmen x10

Others:

Blood Sisters x10*

Doomfire Warlocks x5

Endless Spells:

Prismatic Pallasade

Soulsnare Shackles

The ideas I'm working with is that the Dryads hang out with the Dragon (with his 4+ ethereal, rerollable save and making units in 6" immune to Battleshock) and make a decent tar pit.

Morathi hangs out with the Blood Sisters as my big melee threat. 

The Warlocks have the speed to throw out the Endless Spells in annoying places.

The Reavers are a really fun, annoying little unit for harrying flanks and capturing objectives that the main bulk of the army is too slow to reach. 

Spearmen can screen or sit on a backfield objective.

The two wizards both have a spell that puts -1 to hit on an enemy unit, which seems super useful, if there's nothing worth casting from the realm spells.

So what do people think? Does it seem like a list that could take on all comers and hopefully go 3-2 at most events? What do you think works well, what needs changing up?

1 hour ago, Korvak said:

So what do people think? Does it seem like a list that could take on all comers and hopefully go 3-2 at most events? What do you think works well, what needs changing up?

It’s definitely a list with which both players can have a good time.

it Also has quit a good staying power and a bit of damage.

I can see potential in this list although I don’t really know how it will work against Factions like Daughters of khaine or other very fast Killy armies.

Archived