Nighthaunt Help!

kismet32

What 2k list would y'all run, these are my units I currently own. Just got them all painted and based so I'm ready to dive in! Never played AOS, 40k guy here, watched it played a ton at the stores so I'm super excited! 

Knight of Shrouds on Steed
Black Coach
Guardian of Souls
Lord Executioner
Dreadblade Harrow
2 Vampire Lord (Flying)
Lady Olynder
Reiknor
Spirit Torment

40 Grimghast Reapers
40 Chainrasp
10 Glaivewraith Stalkers

I would play around with what you have, so as to get a feel for the different units. Nighthaunt is an army where you have to understand what the units can do, and how they play, before you can settle on a specific list, you know? Do you want to play a blitzing assault army, that sweeps in as a huge force? Or an army that grinds against the enemy, chipping them away? Every Nighthaunt unit has its own abilities and benefits, so put them in lists and see how they play.

8 hours ago, kismet32 said:

What 2k list would y'all run, these are my units I currently own. Just got them all painted and based so I'm ready to dive in! Never played AOS, 40k guy here, watched it played a ton at the stores so I'm super excited! 

Knight of Shrouds on Steed
Black Coach
Guardian of Souls
Lord Executioner
Dreadblade Harrow
2 Vampire Lord (Flying)
Lady Olynder
Reiknor
Spirit Torment

40 Grimghast Reapers
40 Chainrasp
10 Glaivewraith Stalkers

Lady Olynder

KoS on Steed

General with Ruler of the spirit hosts trait

GoS

Reikenor

Dreadblade harrow (to tp chainrasp hordes on objectives for example)

Ally: VL

30 Grimghast Reapers

2*20 Chainrasp hordes

Black Coach

1900 pts if I'm not mistaken. That leaves you like 2 CP or a Lord executioner or endless spells (a Cog can be nice), etc... 

The artefact, depends on what you want/need: Aetherquartz brooch if you don't take extra CPs, Pendant for extra move (if you don't take Cogs for example), etc...

Spells: Shademist is a must (preferrably on Olynder or GoS), Soul cage, Spirit Drain can deal with big heroes (what your list can lack dealing with),... Spectral tether if you want healing...

Archived