Can you decrease the range of an Endless Spell?

Easytyger

Question

4 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

I would say yes at least as far as setup is concerned. Though someone might have a good counter argument for it. Since the realm features does restrict the range of spells and shooting to x” I don't see how endless spells would be any different 

I ask because In the faq you cannot increase the range of Endless Spells so I am wondering if that is true for decreasing endless spell range.

19 hours ago, Easytyger said:

I ask because In the faq you cannot increase the range of Endless Spells so I am wondering if that is true for decreasing endless spell range.

I think you have the right sentiment here. The FAQ you are mentioning makes it pretty clear that there is a fundamental difference between "spell range" and and an endless spell´s "setup distance". Therefore, range decreasing effects should have no influence on endless spells. 

I guess @King Taloren simply was not aware of the FAQ when stating his opinion. In any case, I would like to her people´s view on the topic.

@Isotop I’m aware of the FAQ but it is only in regards to abilities that extend spell ranges and not setup ranges but it doesn’t say that circumstances that decrease a range are not affected.

A realm/scenario rule is not the same as an ability. As it can even override warscroll switch their rules. Eg Total Commitment completely removes reserves from even allegiance abilities like Stormcast.

It could be such a case that endless spells have no impediment on their ranges though it just makes Sigmar Comet way OP in realm of shadow and other game settings where spells and shooting are restricted. It’s pretty potent as it is but then in this situation  it’s a alpha strike bomb that you can’t have any counterplay or a chance to strike back in your following turn.

And also as a side note there is nothing in the FAQ or rules that dispell range is decreased either which means one can dispel the comet from30” and cast it again on the next turn.

Archived