Doomwheels and Endless spells

Riff_Raff_Rascal

Question

Does a Doomwheel's "Rolling Doom" ability allow it to fly over endless spells such as a palisade?

Rolling Doom is stated as follows: "When this model makes a normal move, it can pass across models with a Wounds characteristic of 3 or less in the same manner as a model that can fly. In addition,after this model has made a normal move or a charge move, roll a dice for each unit that has any models it passed across, and each other unit that is within 1" of this mode lat the end of the move. On a 2+ that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds."

Endless spells are defined as "friendly models". The only hiccup is how a model having no wounds will be interpreted for the sake of this rule. Having none is certainly not the same having 0 wounds but I can't think of any other examples. 

Conservatively, you could lean on the "Wounds characteristic" part of the ability. Endless spell and terrain warscrolls do not have a wounds characteristic at all and one could go from there. What do ya'll think?

2 answers to this question

I agree with Choombatta. The rule clearly states that it can pass models WITH a wound value. The Endless Spells lack a wound value and thus the Doomwheel cannot pass them. The GW rules systems are typically permissive rules, which means that they give specific permissions which are allowed with all else being denied. 

This also makes logical sense when one considers that many Endless Spells trigger damage by pass-over and some - like barricades - are supposed to be impassable walls. 

GW might rule on this in an FAQ and could counter this if they so chose; but otherwise I would play it that the Doomwheel cannot pass any model that has no wound statistic. 

Archived