Endless Spell cast/dispel

Fluttershy

Question

is it possible to dispel an Endless Spell after casting it in the same Hero Phase?

f.e. my Wizard may cast up to 2 Spells

(At the start of my HERO PHASE) I cast (1) an Endless Spell, setting it up and make use of it, then (still at the start of my HERO PHASE) I dispel (2) the Endless spell.

6 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

during the hero phase can't be start at the hero phase?

I'm confused ;) .. during the hero phase might include "start-mid-end", doesn't it?

When does the "start" of my hero phase end?

It is pretty simple: The moment you use a "during your hero phase" ability you are no longer allowed to use "at the start of your hero phase" abilities (in the same hero phase). If it was not this way the distinction (start/during) would not make any sense at all, since you could just do everything st the "start" of your hero phase (in any order you wish). There are at least a couple of cases in the FAQ solving similar questions as the one you asked - if you want, I can point them out or you can take a look through the Core Rules & Base Size designers commentary yourself. 

3 hours ago, King Taloren said:

As long as you have another wizard capable of casting a spell when you are ready to dispell yes you can. I believe that a single wizard can either summon or dispell a endless spell not do both in the same turn.

couldn't the same Wizard cast an unbind an Endless Spell as long as he is able to cast 2+ spells?

UNBINDING AND DISPELLING
A WIZARD can attempt to unbind an
endless spell when it is initially cast as
normal. In addition, a WIZARD can
attempt to dispel one endless spell at
the start of each of their hero phases.
If a wizard attempts to dispel an
endless spell, they can attempt to cast
one less spell than normal that phase.

If it says at the start of the hero phase to dispell the spell then no you can’t dispell the endless spell because spells are cast During the hero phase not at the start of the hero phase. The start only lasts for any abilities that occur at the start of the phase and say they take place during the start phase. spell casting and command abilities all take place during the main part of the hero phase not the start.

3 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

If it says at the start of the hero phase to dispell the spell then no you can’t dispell the endless spell because spells are cast During the hero phase not at the start of the hero phase. The start only lasts for any abilities that occur at the start of the phase and say they take place during the start phase. spell casting and command abilities all take place during the main part of the hero phase not the start.

during the hero phase can't be start at the hero phase?

I'm confused ;) .. during the hero phase might include "start-mid-end", doesn't it?

When does the "start" of my hero phase end?

The start ends as soon as you use spells or abilities that do not say they happen at the start of the hero phase.  There isn’t really any clear line aside from what spells, warscroll abilities and command abilities all have that take place before anything else in a phase to and also the same thing for abilities that happen at the end of phases after everything has been done in that phase.

these abilities all have their place to act as a clean up and prevent cheese like the attempt of summoning an endless spell and then dispelling it without enemy chance of counterplay or interaction or at least the chance since could double turn

Archived