Retributors - one or two starsoul maces?

Taketheskull

Question

I had a gut feeling that Retributors (or any Paladin for that matter) could only take 1 starsoul mace per 5 models.

However, the app, GW site and the Stormcast battletome all say 2 per 5 models

Should I trust my gut or bow to the overwhelming weight of evidence?

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

It's two. But why you'd ever do that is a bigger question! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yep, Retributors with Starsoul maces is a massive waste, especially if you're running a Lord Celestant on foot and/or Celestial Hurricanum with them (and with Retributors why wouldn't you?)

If you're teleporting the Retributors, then the odds are the Lord Celestant will not be close enough to buff them (especially if you're going for their rear or soft underbelly). You'll have more chance with the Celestial Hurricanum. 

2 hours ago, Nico said:

If you're teleporting the Retributors, then the odds are the Lord Celestant will not be close enough to buff them (especially if you're going for their rear or soft underbelly). You'll have more chance with the Celestial Hurricanum. 

I normally try and deploy them (or land them) near Damned terrain and sacrifice to get the +1 to hit. I've lost track of 'stacking' so not sure if you would now be able to sacrifice twice - one pre and one post teleport. That sounds non-legit though... in a general way.

Archived