My Chaos Battle reports

gronnelg

Hey TGA people!

Previously there was a battle report thread, where people posted their battlereports, along with a few words about what they'd learned in the game.
New year, new thread! Keep 'em coming people!

I starting of. A few weeks back I had two games against a friend. I thought it would be Skaven vs Sylvaneth, but it ended up being Skaven vs Nurgle.

His list:

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Gutrot Spume (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing
Rotigus (340)
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Foulness: Plague Squall

Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)

Units
10 x Plague Monks (70)
- Foetid Blades

War Machines
Plagueclaw (160)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 172

My list:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
Skaven Warlord (100)
- Warpforged Blade
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
4 x Rat Ogors (200)
10 x Skryre Acolytes (120)
5 x Gutter Runners (60)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 171

My Skaven list was design around getting an early Victory points lead. Instead, we rolled to play, and got a scenario with 4 objectives. From round 4 if you held all four you would win. I had no chance to keep up a long term grindfest against his list (man those blightkings). From round 3 and onwards, it was clear that the best I could hope to do was denying him a major victory. And even that would be hard. So I conceded.

On to game two! Border patrol. Now this was exactly the kind of scenario I had in mind, building my list!

Btw, I hope you'll excuse our heavy usage of proxying models!

Round 1, fight!

He had fewer drops than me, so got to decide who went first. He deployed outside of cannon threat range (27"), and let me go first. I deployed as best I could do deny Gutrot and 10 blight kings any foothold behind my lines. I also rushed forward to grab the right objective (right from my point of view). My gutter runners got deployed on the left flank, middle of the board.

IMG_20181229_191741.jpg.0711599f5587be3d737c7d6682f9fef7.jpg

His turn, he smashed my gutter runners. He had some board wide mortal wound abilities and spells, and started grinding away at my WLCs. He said he knew I would bring a lot of WLCs, and had designed his list with that in mind. Filthy rat! With the same weapons he also started chipping away at my warlord with the Crown of Conquest, the glue of my army. His blightkings smashed into my clanrats holding the objective

Victory points: 3 -1 in my favor.

Round 2

He got the double turn.  My warlord fell, as well as two WLCs.  A dark day for ratkind! Without battleshock immunity, the clanrats holding the objective started falling in droves.

IMG_20181229_195941.jpg.8e7a0fcd53380857ab7bf7be26ab2c29.jpg

With my right flank wavering, and the left objecttive protected by two units of blightkings and Gutrot, I started rotating my entire army counter clockwise. The verminlord (treelord model) started advancing, a block of clanrats charged his plaguemonks (filhty-filthy traitors!), rat ogors chared and started obliterating the blightkings contending the right objective. 

Note that the stormvermin models are acolytes.

IMG_20181229_204349.jpg.71acd20ad66eaef7c4ce035e27984dad.jpg

VP 6 - 4

Round 3

The blightkings finally fell!

IMG_20181229_204635.jpg

As did his plague monks, and Rotigus and his objective  was now open to attack!

IMG_20181229_205351.jpg

Sadly, in his turn, the Feculant Gnarlmaw enabled his blightkings to charge my verminlord, stopping my advance towards his home objective. Rotigues uses banishment on my nearly 40 models strong unit of clanrats, and sends them to the left backwards corner. Where they can do no harm 😢

IMG_20181229_213817.jpg

VP 9 - 7

Round 4

The blightkings have fled from the vermlinlord, to take the right objective, and succed. He then charges my verminlord with Rotigus, and starts threatening my  home objective.

IMG_20181229_220732.jpg

VP 12 -12. Man, this is starting to look bad, as he is holdning all objectives except my own.

Round 5

I start of, at the top of the 5th round. My banished clanrats have been advancing towards the left objective. It is guarded by blight kings, and  a summoned unit of plague bearers. Also, the objective is pretty far away. In round 4, Gutrot charged my clanrats, to stop their advance. But what's this? Clanrats can flee AND charge? YOU FOOL GUTROT! You have aided my cause! Squeak-squeak! I flee, and charge, and.... SCORE POINTS!!! If I can hold my home objective and the left, it's a draw! I've placed the remainder of my clanrats and acolytes in a double block at my home objective, to deny any meaningful summoning and charging.

IMG_20181229_222447.jpg

Sadly, round 5 also has a bottom, belonging to Nurgle. My clanrats are slain to the point where I lose control of the left objective.

IMG_20181229_223302.jpg

Rotigus obliterates the acolytes with spells, then charges on my brave, vaillant, beautiful clanrats. They all perish! Fools!

IMG_20181229_223639_BURST002.jpg

The battle ends 15 - 21. If it hadn't been for all those scheming rats, sabotaging my plans! I would, I would.... Next time! You wait and see!

Lessons learned

1. Alright. Blightkings. Holy moly. So tanky. Is there any way to kill them?!

2. Gutter runners. That juicy deployment rule. Mmmm! They're gonna be in every army from now on!

3.  Verminlord warbringer was a dissapointment. I never got him to charge though, so I guess that's a big lesson. Watch out for counter charges! But I also think I'm gonna use a warpseer from now on. Much more utility.

4. Warlock engineer! D6 mortal wounds? Are you kidding me? That's so awesome! He was  amongst my MVPs.

5. I'll have to redesign my list I think. With that many WLC being taken care of so easily, the rest of my list hasn't got that much punch.

IMG_20181229_194746.jpg

Hi “Gronnelg” loved the battlereport and don’t worry about your loose it happenes even to the most cunning of us. 

But hey as the skavenplayers we are, you only have to think of one thing.

it all went accordingly to your plan, you may have lost an entire army, but this traitor-meats, were anyways plotting against you and you had to to get rid of them, one way or the other.

We all know that this is the real reason, right😂!?

edit: (so in other words it was still a victory for you)

1 minute ago, gronnelg said:

@Skreech Verminking Ah, yes! You speak with great Skaveny wisdom-cunning! It did indeed all go according to plan! And my pesky rivals are now all dead-slain! Well... Most of them anyways... There's always more scheming rats out there!

Yes-yes, only faithful follower of the horned rat, see-know the truth.

but don’t worry my little friend, the skaven race will scurry-rise soon.

and when the time comes, man-things, Aelve-things, beard-things, green-things, Poster-things, and chaos-things, shall die-die.

yes-Yes Soon we will rise!!!

(fear the danger from beneath)

Archived