Ironjawz weirdfist list help

Raoiley

Hey all, thoughts on this list? Any way to make foot of gork more reliable other than a rogue Idol?

Megaboss on foot with thermal rider cloak

3 warchanters

Weirdfist

Shaman with golden toof

30 ardboyz 

4x5 brutes

Cogs

Balewind

Idea is to let the megaboss be a bit quicker and use cogs to get things where I need them. Ardboyz are fearless around shaman for buff. List is slow but resilient and hits really hard. 

3 warchanters may be overkill but it let's me get those brutes or ardboyz really wrecking. Makes the list very dangerous to approach. 

Probably won't use Balewind  til turn 3 ish. Idea is to move up in a bubble and only pop ir for safety later so my shaman can sit on an objective or keep casting and not worry about charges  I've thought about switching to ulgu for sword of judgement.

6 minutes ago, Raoiley said:

Any way to make foot of gork more reliable other than a rogue Idol?

Sadly no, arcane+rogue idol is it.

So your list would be this.

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Ironclad 
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
- Artefact: The Golden Toof 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)

Battalions
Weirdfist (180)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 151

My initial comment would be that the Chronomantic Cogs is investing even more heavily in the weirdnob, a character that is very squishy. Without the cogs he's worth 340 points to your list, the cogs bump that to 400.

Second thought is you are going to have trouble scoring objectives, You're list requires you to be in a single big block and really suffers if you have to split it up, you're also running only 2 objective scoring heroes (Artefact/wizard) one of whom is your weirdnob. If you aren't running a Rogue Idol I'd heavily suggest you swap the cogs and a warchanter for a Fungoid and a Moonclan shaman as this takes you up to 4 objective scoring characters and 3 wizards. This has several benefits, most noticeably that your Weirdnob can focus on throwing out damage spells while the other two do Mystic Shield/Realm Spells. It also means, should the worst happen, you can still make use of the balewind on a second wizard. A fungoid on the Balewind gains the 6" on his innate spell turning it into a 9" D3 mortal bomb, while a moonclan shaman can throw out Curse of Da Bad Moon at 24".

Spoiler

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Artefact: The Golden Toof 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- Allies
Moonclan Grot Shaman (80)
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)

Battalions
Weirdfist (180)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 160 / 400
Wounds: 153

I've been toying around with a Weirdfist myself though mine would likely have a cabbage, just because I think from now on I want 2 monsters in whatever list I run. 

Spoiler

If I had to build a list without the cabbage based around your idea Id end up with something like this.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes
 (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)

Weirdfist (180)
- General
- Trait: Prophet of the Waaagh!
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)
- Allies

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 149

Essentially running the central tank block and of the Weirdfist+Rogue Idol and a secondary force of the Megaboss+Brutes, lack of a warchanter hurts but that's hopefully made up for by the RR1's on the Brutes.

The weirdfist I'm personally looking at is this one, with the weirdfist block to take and hold the centre of the field and the double Cabbage to roam around being Cabbages.

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (440)
- General
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (440)
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)

Battalions
Weirdfist (180)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of weirdfist, which I've recently played around with. However, I wouldn't want to run it without the rogue idol. The difference between an 8 and a 7 on 2D6 is the biggest in any craps percentages. With the rogue idol and 20+ orruks in range of the weirdnob, the chance to successfully cast FoG is 58.3. Compare that to 41.7 without the idol. Plus, the idol is a beast in combat, especially if he charges. Is he as good as a cabbage? Hell no. But you can still take one cabbage and the rogue idol. Also, I'm a fan of the cogs for the extra spell and the reroll save aspect, not for the extra movement, which I would never do in a weirdfist list. Also, Cogs allows the weirdnob to attempt FoG, Green Puke, AND arcane bolt all in the same turn. On a balewind and buffed up with the weirdfist craziness, you might want to call it a "weird bolt" because you could potentially snipe a character with a 24" 8 (!!!) mortal wound arcane bolt, however unlikely that may be.287433788_weirdfistrogueidolpercentages.png.d9a12f299fb6b59917e2473e3bf2ccad.png

@Nogginnocker There were so many occasions at Chrimbobo that I was 1 off successfully casting something. I have definitely considered straight swapping a cabbage for Rogue Idol+Cogs, however as I don't have my Idol finished yet I couldn't do that. It also really locks you into a single large deathball which you don't get with the double cabbage.

It's swings and roundabouts depending on your models and/or how hard you want to go into the weirdfist. Mostly I was doing it for fun than anything else.

EDIT: Every game I got an Arcane piece of terrain I roflstomped.

Oh yeah, I totally get you there on the fun aspect. Your game was pretty interesting to watch, by the way. It was a fun romp. I saw it live, but re-watched it just a few hours ago as I've been painting an annoying amount of ardboys recently. 😫  Still, you make me want to try the double cabbage + weirdfist, just for the pure fun aspect alone. Don't sleep on the idol in combat though! He's a monster (literally and figuratively)!

50 minutes ago, Nogginnocker said:

Oh yeah, I totally get you there on the fun aspect. Your game was pretty interesting to watch, by the way. It was a fun romp. I saw it live, but re-watched it just a few hours ago as I've been painting an annoying amount of ardboys recently. 😫  Still, you make me want to try the double cabbage + weirdfist, just for the pure fun aspect alone. Don't sleep on the idol in combat though! He's a monster (literally and figuratively)!

Being put on stream first game ruined me so badly. I was a wreck for most of the game and made so many mistakes it was unreal. I forgot I got a triumph, I forgot that I had a CP from the weirdfist, my deployment was wrong, I didn't pull out of the combat with durthu when I should have. Hell the first foot should have gone on one of his 5 wound heroes at the back, both were in range and it would have crippled both his casting and scoring capabilities.

I did make some good plays which didn't pay off. So I charged the pigs through wildwood to get into the hero, I had a pig on 1 wound and I put it as the one in combat with the Kurnoths. If I had rolled a 1 it would have cost me a wound and left me out of combat with the Kurnoths but able to pile both remaining pigs into the braynchwraith probably killing it.

Anyway, I always struggle with the first game of a tournament. It takes me a while to relax and get into the flow, being put on stream though, I could barely move my models properly with how hard I was shaking. 

EDIT: One advantage was that I was heavily unfavoured in that match AND he won all the key rolls. So if I had been in more of a fit state I could probably have made a much closer game but still would have been unlikely to win. My first turn was such a ****** show 🤣

28 minutes ago, Malakree said:

I did make some good plays which didn't pay off. So I charged the pigs through wildwood to get into the hero, I had a pig on 1 wound and I put it as the one in combat with the Kurnoths. If I had rolled a 1 it would have cost me a wound and left me out of combat with the Kurnoths but able to pile both remaining pigs into the braynchwraith probably killing it.

Holy ******. This is brilliant. This is why it's cool to hear from the players themselves. Thank you for the insight! 

Seriously, man. Don't beat yourself up. You brought a smile to my face when you wrote up your tourney breakdown earlier. Also, you had arguably the best on-stream moment at the end of your game when your cabbage just started rampaging through, like, I don't even remember how many units. It was insane. The whole online stream erupted into a ruckus. LOL. I even remembered it before re-watching it this morning, and yet it still made me fist bump in my basement. Haha.  It was glorious. 

Archived