Trusylvers Terrain

Trusylver

Living in an area with very few players, much of my time is spent scratch building terrain and modular boards, this piece is still drying

Materials used

• XPS Foam
  • Sand
  • Hand crafted flock (assorted colours)
  • 12 mm grass tufts (hand crafted from static grass not purchased tufts)
  • Coconut fibre
  • Skewers
  • Spray Pain
  • Craft Paint
  • PVA glue

Image may contain: plant

Image may contain: plant

Nice! I expect the rocky outcropping will work really well on the tabletop, definitely  better than the flat oval bases woods are usually stuck to, which can look quite discontinuous with their surroundings.

Not to make more work for you, but a bunch of those spread around one of those green battle mats would look great! ?

WIP river section of modular board set. fitting cast pieces of rocks into banks and sanding smooth some bank areas, next step is glue foam and rocks in place, fill gaps with wet plaster.

This board section is 1200 mm X 900 mm and will fit together almost seamlessly with my other boards.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: 1 person

gaps filled with plaster, entire board sealed so that resin and spray cans don't melt the foam later in construction process. Next step will be texture and paint.

When this board is finished, I have to start the long process of re-basing my entire army, 4000 points of WHF square based skaven onto round bases :(

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor, nature and water

I am usually working several projects at one, this is the Moat-house from ToEE but also suitable for a warhammer castle seige scenario.

Slowly adding flock and grass tufts, flock is all home made, tufts are made from 12 mm static grass. this is a large MDF board in which has been places EPS foam and plaster bricks.

Still lots to do including placing all of the reeds I have made that need to line sections of the waterway.

Archived