How best to build a cheap army...

4 hours ago, xking said:

I like stormcast.

I understand.

But from 50 peeps in our gaming group we have  only 1 on and off Stormcastplayer and everyone else is forced

to buy Stormcast doesn't matter they want it or not.

So Stormcast is easy to come by since everyone is desperate to get rid of them.

Not sure how that works for GW in the future. People are just tired of them being everywhere but on the battlefield.

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

I understand.

But from 50 peeps in our gaming group we have  only 1 on and off Stormcastplayer and everyone else is forced

to buy Stormcast doesn't matter they want it or not.

So Stormcast is easy to come by since everyone is desperate to get rid of them.

Not sure how that works for GW in the future. People are just tired of them being everywhere but on the battlefield.

Cool so your Club doesn’t really like stomrcast.

i can see that many people don’t like em too much.

I don’t really believe that it is beeing hated by more or less almost everybody.

if that were the case Gw would have probably taken another army to the spotlight rather than The Sigmarins.

Yeah Stormcast right now is an army hated and also in the same time loved by many players.

Think of the well rather younger players who love to be some kind of Ironman.

It’s like a dream come true for those kids to field an army out of human fully equipped with tin can Armour and some random looking weapons.

even under the more elder players it is loved since painting them isn’t really to hard, and who doesn’t love an immortal man in a tin can suit.

isnt this the reason why so many players started playing seraphon (for us good old Warhammer fantasy players lizard men)at the beginning of aos and in fantasy.

who doesn’t love the idea of a Dinosaur riding another dinosaur.

literally nobody especially for those players who grew up with Jurassic park.

The Problem with stormcast right now is only that they are and probably will be in the spotlight since the Beginn of aos and probably in the future as well.

this is probably the reason why some/many people hate the army.

them getting always a new battletome every year, and your still stuck with an army that hasn’t gotten any updates or battletome in the last past years, really sucks.

Also the Problem stormcast has right no with always getting new models and Sigmar not able to deside when it is time to stop plunging his fist into that button of his, is a possibility of scaring new or older sigmarines players of.

no man (edit:)or women is/are interested  in having to deside which unit is the best of a thousand.

Still this new army which started to exist in aos, and which have take-stolen the good old Highaelven repeatercrossbowhingie  , is beloved by younger and older Warhammer players.

(definitely not by me I could never betray my skaven, but still)

5 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Cool so your Club doesn’t really like stomrcast.

i can see that many people don’t like em too much.

I don’t really believe that it is beeing hated by more or less almost everybody.

if that were the case Gw would have probably taken another army to the spotlight rather than The Sigmarins.

Yeah Stormcast right now is an army hated and also in the same time loved by many players.

Think of the well rather younger players who love to be some kind of Ironman.

It’s like a dream come true for those kids to field an army out of human fully equipped with tin can Armour and some random looking weapons.

even under the more elder players it is loved since painting them isn’t really to hard, and who doesn’t love an immortal man in a tin can suit.

isnt this the reason why so many players started playing seraphon (for us good old Warhammer fantasy players lizard men)at the beginning of aos and in fantasy.

who doesn’t love the idea of a Dinosaur riding another dinosaur.

literally nobody especially for those players who grew up with Jurassic park.

The Problem with stormcast right now is only that they are and probably will be in the spotlight since the Beginn of aos and probably in the future as well.

this is probably the reason why some/many people hate the army.

them getting always a new battletome every year, and your still stuck with an army that hasn’t gotten any updates or battletome in the last past years, really sucks.

Also the Problem stormcast has right no with always getting new models and Sigmar not able to deside when it is time to stop plunging his fist into that button of his, is a possibility of scaring new or older sigmarines players of.

no man (edit:)or women is/are interested  in having to deside which unit is the best of a thousand.

Still this new army which started to exist in aos, and which have take-stolen the good old Highaelven repeatercrossbowhingie  , is beloved by younger and older Warhammer players.

(definitely not by me I could never betray my skaven, but still)

I don't know where the missundertsanding is.

You are exactly saying what i said.

There are no 3 weeks without a new Stormcast Battletome and at least 73 new units.

Mix that with other armies didn't have anything new since 3 or 4 years makes people dislike them.

Especially when you can't escape them because they are forced down our throats in every new mixed box.

I haven't played for a long while so I can't comment on what is the current power army. I am solely a painter/converted nowadays. As a lot of people have mentioned, the Start Collecting offer cheap ways to start a lot of armies. There are a lot of options.  If you are entering a Tale Of event, I am guessing the goal is to collect and paint. Maybe look at your chose of army from that point of view. What do you prefer to paint: monsters or hordes of human size minis. If you have limited hobby time, maybe lean towards an army (and Start Collecting box) that has fewer models. Ask yourself, what are you going to enjoy painting so that you stay motivated.

Archived