Spiderfang Grots Strength

Spyro_Killer

Hey guys,

I've been playing sigmar a few weeks now that the global campaign has launched and I've been running spiderfang grots (because there were no destruction players in the store!!!). Has anyone else seen how viciously affective they can be when buffed by command abilities and the gift of the spider god spell? In my last game alone a squad of ten chewed through a unit of kurnoth hunters, twenty dryads and drycha without my opponent getting a chance to swing back. I'm wondering though if buffing them up to 15 man units would optimise their effectiveness, thoughts?

They are very vulnerable to shooting attacks and big blobs of infantry like 40 goblins or skeletons with inspiring presence. Smart enemy will kill some in magic/ shooting phase, then charge them to drop bonus bravery from standard and watch you cry during battleshock phase. Spiders can kill almost anything during charge, but they are vulnerable themselves. That's why i run night goblins with 2 fanatics alongside them, to block enemy charges.

Sometimes it is better to use inspiring presence on spiders insted of boosting poison.

I would also like to point your attention to commander trait called "Bellowing Tyrant". It allows your commander to select a friendly unit within D6". That unit will get +1 to hit rolls (which will also boost your poison!).

Strong for sure, but it's a '3 model army', where you can't ever get much variety without branching out. Not even formations to mix things up :(

*nudge nudge GW* You're looking for unique, awesome, trade-markable factions right? Gobbos on spidaz.

Archived