Tip for finding local players

Ben

I found this tip on Reddit. Seem like good advice! 

If you are still struggling to find players, head here and enter your city: http://seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Scroll down and look to the right to find the field to enter your city. 

It seems to have a 50 mile radius limit, so you could dial in other city names if you are wondering what is an hour or so away. Tonight I found a GW partner shop that has players that I didn't know about!

Found my nearest FLGS this way, in a sleepy little rural town much closer than the suburban locations I'd been trying to trek to. I sort of knew there was a gaming shop there but didn't realise the community there was strongly miniature/AoS minded as the website seemed to be more TCG's. Popped in to buy the GH on Sunday and seems like a good little hub of players, so will be revisiting with miniatures and paints when time off work allows :D

Just a shame so many stores over here close on Mondays when I'm never working. Looks like I'll have to quit hospitality and open my own shop if I want to be able to get more regular gaming in! -_-

I highly recommend quitting Hospitality, it's quite freeing! 10+ years and going strong! It still feels weird and exciting showing up to things like holidays or even events on weekends! I'm also enjoying getting home before 3AM.

I'm happy all of you are finding local communities! I struggled for a few years trying to get into tabletop myself, and then found a bunch of peeps to game with which was awesome.

21 hours ago, Dez said:

I highly recommend quitting Hospitality, it's quite freeing! 10+ years and going strong! It still feels weird and exciting showing up to things like holidays or even events on weekends! I'm also enjoying getting home before 3AM.

Oh, it's on the agenda, trust me! I'm actually quite happy where I am at the moment in comparison to other jobs I've had (well treated and well paid for what I do, for a change!), but it would be awesome to have a bit more freedom. My route out's planned, though, still a couple of years (and a lot of saving!) away but it'll be a big change and will mean no more working for anyone else. Got a couple of options planned, but it'll definitely tie into my interests and hobbies to make it worthwhile :D 

This is not to dissuade anyone from getting into AoS, but when I entered my local shop two years ago I found that everyone played Warmahordes or 40K and no one touched Fantasy.

My advice is before getting into a game is to make sure you're going to have somebody to play the game against. Otherwise you're going to be very lonely and waiting a very long while.

Archived