Generic Decks

Nacnudllah

7 hours ago, Tutenkharnage said:

You could do it, I suppose, but why would you want to? You’re just limiting the card pool. 

I was thinking about building a generic deck so that I could play it with any of the warbands.  It was mainly a thought for casual play, to build two decks (maybe an aggro one and an objective oriented one), and then pair them with whatever warband seemed fun at the moment.

6 hours ago, Nacnudllah said:

I was thinking about building a generic deck so that I could play it with any of the warbands.  It was mainly a thought for casual play, to build two decks (maybe an aggro one and an objective oriented one), and then pair them with whatever warband seemed fun at the moment.

The short answer is yes.

The slightly longer answer is  that some warbands have some great faction specific cards that you just can't pass up on (well you could, but you probably shouldn't, even for casual play.)

Players who trend towards playing competitively or copying netdecks will generally have decks that are very generic-heavy anyway. Most of the unique, powerful "staple" cards are generic so you tend towards seeing those cards come up again in multiple decks, but you still see faction specific cards. Why limit yourself?

You could go hybrid and run 30% faction and the rest as generic. That also allows you to run larger decks if you feel that a particuliar faction has need of faction-specific cards. When you switch bands, you switch the generics only. It would also make your play experience different than running the same deck each time and only changing the figurines. It would also allow you see the flavour of each band a little more.

Archived