Blot Toad: Is it a marker or a model?

Isotop

Blot Toad: Is it a marker or a model?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How did you treat the Ripperdactyl Riders' Blot Toad in your games so far?

• As a marker - it can move "into" models and models can move "into" it (just like a gravesite or objective marker)
    • As a friendly model to both players - models can get as close to the Toad as they want but cannot move across it (unless they are flying)

Question

Hope this qualifies as a rules question. I´m pretty sure the Blot Toad does not qualify as a model and can be moved across and generally be treated as a marker. The thread in question where this topic came up: 

Since I have seen the Blot Toad being played as a model (in battle reports), I am interested in how the majority of people in this forum have handled the little fella so far.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

I know we're deep in the swamps of semantics - but it's not a model.

3rd paragraph of the core rules. "Each model has a warscroll".

It doesn't have a warscroll, so from a mechanics standpoint - it isn't a model, so it isn't a unit, and it doesn't have keywords.

Yep, exactly my reasoning as well. Just wanted to find out if there was any discrepancy between how people played it so far.

Would probably treat it like a movable marker since there is no profile to do anything to it. The treats as not an enemy model is to prevent someone from trying to remove it off the field by abilities like hand of dust and other similar powers. Since could be argued that the ability with bloat toads does call it a model since it is not treated as an enemy model by either side. 

Archived