New to AoS Skaven army- any advise

Sunspear

So I want to start playing and I need an idea of where to start. I have some of these models and a few are just what I think are cool. So if some of the choices look odd that’s why. 

Many advise would be helpful, not sure how the meta is going to be so I would like something that’s fun but won’t get wiped out turn one either.

Also all the characters are pretty bare, So any help there would be great.

warlord 

grey seer 

3x  40 clan rats, one with spears the other two with swords

warp lightening cannon

2 warp grinder teams 

40 storm vermin 

3 storm fiends 

2x giant rats 

Use your clanrats as a screen to protect your stormvermins and stomrfiends.

if you can keep a unit of 40Clanrats alive, great.

If not don’t worry it’s only worth 200 points, perfect to keep your stormfiends and vermin’s from dying.

The warpgrinder team is also rather good.

put your warplightning cannon with one of those guys in reserve, which give you the possibility to put the cannon anywhere in range of any hero’s, units etc. to snipe em turn one.

Or a 40rat unit of stormvermins into reserve.

great to keep em alive, and can give you the possibility to flank your enemy’s from behind.

3 hours ago, Sunspear said:

So I want to start playing and I need an idea of where to start. I have some of these models and a few are just what I think are cool. So if some of the choices look odd that’s why. 

Many advise would be helpful, not sure how the meta is going to be so I would like something that’s fun but won’t get wiped out turn one either.

Also all the characters are pretty bare, So any help there would be great.

warlord 

grey seer 

3x  40 clan rats, one with spears the other two with swords

warp lightening cannon

2 warp grinder teams 

40 storm vermin 

3 storm fiends 

2x giant rats 

You can build a decent 2000point list with, what you have right now on skaven models.

Oh by the way your hero’s are fine, both of them will have a purpose in your army.

The grey seer preventing your units from fleeing and the warlord to buff them up like crazy ?.

2 hours ago, Sunspear said:

Thanks for all the advise! I will order a few more clan rats and a warp lighting cannon and go from there. 

Any ideas on what artifacts or spells I should work with?

For the lightning cannon, you might want to get a start collecting pestlens. The claw can be build as the cannon and the furnace can be a screaming bell which lets you you the funaces plague priest on foot (no conversions required because they use the same kit). A lot of people convert the monks into eshin units I hear but plague monks are probably my favorite unit in AoS.

As for artefacts

Crown of conquest isnt bad because it lets you save command points instead of using inspiring presence/grey seer's command ability, moreso if you have a deathrunner for the second bubble from the doppleganger. Blade of judgement from Ulgu is crazy on a verminlord corruptor. Most likely you'll go crown and because we lack battalions  so we can't get a second artefact

Archived