Sorceress conversion idea

Overread

So the old Dark Elf Supreme Sorceress is no longer made, but can still be found here and there in metal, but most on ebay are up in the £25 mark which is more than I care to pay. So when I recalled that I had a spellweaver and in finding it I found a few other things including an old metal highelf wizard with a pheonix and a pair of Nogra dragons from the old Uncharted Seas game. 

I also found an old skull set in finecast from GW.

So with a bit of a bitz raid I've a mind to put these together to make my own supreme sorceress. My only hesitation is that the spellweaver is still a favourite of mine and I still hold hope that GW might one day make a beast/animal heavy WE based army (though that could be years off). 

The large base of skulls has two gaps in it; ideal to fit the base of the firebird and the upsweep of the weaver (I intend to cut a segment of her base off to make it fit into the slot if this is done). However as the photos show the larger skull base bleeds over the round 25mm base a bit. 
Considering that its a mage not a close combat unit I don't think this should be an issue in the game. 

The other option would be to use one or two of the smaller skull piles, this isn't as ideal I think and whilst it saves me the bleeding edge it might not give as good a visual result 

I might not use the two little dragons (was going to use them until I found the pheonix) as I think them and the firebird would overload the model in terms of what was on show - sometimes too much spoils rather than enhances. 

So anyone done anything similar? Think its a good idea or would it be better to keep her as it is and to then just bite the bullet on the original metal model for the supreme sorceress.

PkLjfSH.jpg

RR4lcy2.jpg

njTwE2P.jpg

I like that the model is a simple conversion. A lot can be done with minor tweaks and a thematic paint job.

because of the model you selected, you could try to convey that the vines are briar (short of carving the leaves or resculpting it). If so, then I would tie that element back into the base. I know I’ve seen some thorny looking based lately. I just can’t recall where.

only thing I would add is some different tiara adornment that might make t more clear it’s a Darkling

Archived