Mortis Engine

spoon_fed05

On 8/5/2018 at 9:00 AM, spoon_fed05 said:

Sorry if this is in the wrong area of the forums.

How do you attach the damn gate at the top of the steps on the mortis engine?

Been a while since I built one (long since sold as well). If I remember correctly though, it should really just slide into place. Put a bit of glue on either side and bob's your uncle. 

Apologies if this isn't helpful but I don't really remember having any concerns with this bit. Painting and storing the thing however...  

Thanks, I may have made an error with the fencing either side as there seems to be a gap either side of the fence. I’ve stuck some skulls to the bottom of the gate to act as a gluing point... will see if that works!

Can you remember what sort of colour scheme you went with? 

Glad it worked out for you mate. Sounds like you've come up with a pretty good solution. 

The paint job I do remember - I'd bought it pretty soon after getting back into the hobby about 3-4 years ago so it wasn't the best painted. Used a bog standard method. White undercoat, biel-tan wash, then highlighted white. Didn't bother distinguishing the skeletons and just had their weapons, armour, etc., as ghosts. It was alright. If I did it now I'd probably opt for one of the new swanky Nighthaunt paints... would probably make the effort with the skeletons as well (although the effort would make me cry a little) 

The cage and that I did as metal. Saw one online though painted boney and thought it looked awesome. Have a quick Google as there's some awesome examples out there. 

Loved the model and liked how it played in 1st. When it's bomb goes off it can really go off! This is making me want to buy it again...

Hmm, now I’m torn between doing the horse section ethereal (probably nihilakh oxide drybrushed ulthuan grey) or ‘real’ as in your photo.

Im going to go for a copper / brass effect for the railings up top. I’m thinking that would look good if I do the ethereal green (or is it blue? Or turquoise?). 

Archived