Wanders help

Khadorlord

Hi been trying to find the best list for my league tournament its 1000 points here is what I have. The issue I'm having is I'm getting rolled every game have no real way to keep models around longer

30x glade guard  (360)

30×glade guard (360)

Spell weaver (100)

11 wildwood rangers 

I've not played wanderers, but I have played against them and found them to be very vulnerable to an alpha strike. I would suggest a screening unit to protect your glade guard just so you have that extra turn to get away through teleportation.   

Welcome to Wanderers!  Check out the Wanderers discussion thread for plenty of ideas and help.

At 1000 pts, it is a little tricky.  I'm assuming that the models you list are all the Wanderers you have.  Given that, and depending on whether you are allowed to proxy, 20 Sisters of the Watch are 360 points; you could field 2  20 woman units, with a Waywatcher as general to make them Battleline.  That would be 840 points. Add the Spellweaver and you are left with 60 points for either an extra command point or an endless spell or two - maybe some Soulsnare Shackles to slow your opponent down.

Although Sisters have no rend, they hit and wound on 3s ( wound on 2's vs Chaos) shoot twice if they do not make a standard move ( which means they shoot twice after teleporting) and they have a stand and shoot when being charged.  The Waywatcher (required for Battleline) is our best hero and with many scenarios requiring heroes, having two is not a bad thing.  

Our best unit for holding objectives are Eternal Guard using Fortress of Boughs at 70pts for 10.  

As I said, this would require proxying what you have, but all of that is doable - just don't take Glade Guard and SotW using the same models, it would be too confusing.

There are more options at higher points levels, the main one being our only battalion ( which is possible to fit in at 1500pts - just!). 

Don't forget to pick a General trait and an artefact - Wanderers have allegiance abilities listed in the GHB.

Hope that helps - good luck.

Archived