Host of slaanesh small tournament list help

Trav

Hi all,

playing in a small 750 point tournament. Can i please have some help choosing traits and artefacts for the list?  Should i swap lord for daemon prince? Struggling to decide.

Seekers:

lord on steed of slaanesh

5 knights

10 warriors w/great weapons

5 chosen

5 hellstriders

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

If you can take a realm artefact, a -3 rend artefact is good for the lord, the -1 to hit artefact will help him be harder to kill, Ghrystrike for 4 attacks at a 2+/2+ isn't awful. and his command ability will help your list as everything is a mortal. 

If you switch to a DP, you lose out on the command ability, and outside of rend -3 artefact, the rest are good on the daemon prince, consider taking the axe, it now hits on 3+s, wounds on 2's, with -2 rend and d3 damage. Not bad. 

The best slaanesh artefact though is Breathtaker. It forces whoever you use it on to be the very last thing to fight. So what's amazing about this is that if you put it on your lord, and assuming there is no other way to harm him, he would get both of his pile in's worry free before the enemy gets to attack him. I've used this on my keeper of secrets and watch as 16 attacks come in before anything gets to swing back. 

Trait wise, I assume you are going seekers, since you only have 1 unit that will benefit from rerolls of 1's from pretenders. 

I always enjoy negatives to hit, so a flat -1 to hit in combat would be my choice. You are low on model count, so I'd stay away from the +1 to hit/cast espeically since your leader isn't a caster. The pile in 6" would be good, espcially if you are a seeker host. The lord would get an 18 inch move +d6 run and if you end within 6 of the enemy, you can pile in. You can bring hellstriders up with him who would also get a crazy move to give a -1 to hit aura. The bravery buff is not really worth it, and the bravery debuff is situational at best. 

I'm unsure of how the traits work for Slaanesh, but I'd for sure say to ditch the chosen. They have what I call a 'mini command' but for their points, they're not so hot. They don't get the save that the warriors get, they cost near double the price as warriors. They're easy to pick off.

Here's an idea for a kind of fast and hard hitting list:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Greatblade
5 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (100)
- Hellscourge
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives

Total: 720 / 750
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 59

@carnith has some solid advice on trait/ item/ realm build out.  I don't know slaanesh as well as he may. (just a fan)

The idea here is that you have/save  two command points, toss them on a turn when you have a solid charge range for the knights. Pour on the Chaos Lord & the Lord of Slaanesh command abilities. They can run in, hit like a truck and do it again

Personally, I'd make both units of warriors Sword and board. I've always been disappointed with great blade/ halberd warriors, but you seem to dig them.

Hell striders stand behind warriors/ knights and whip anything in that nice long reach.

Don't forget, your knights CAN retreat. They're not stuck forever. If you feel they did their damage and worry they're getting bogged, pull them out and save a command point (or two) to send them in again with the combo Chaos Lord/Slaanesh lord.

4 hours ago, carnith said:

If you can take a realm artefact, a -3 rend artefact is good for the lord, the -1 to hit artefact will help him be harder to kill, Ghrystrike for 4 attacks at a 2+/2+ isn't awful. and his command ability will help your list as everything is a mortal. 

If you switch to a DP, you lose out on the command ability, and outside of rend -3 artefact, the rest are good on the daemon prince, consider taking the axe, it now hits on 3+s, wounds on 2's, with -2 rend and d3 damage. Not bad. 

The best slaanesh artefact though is Breathtaker. It forces whoever you use it on to be the very last thing to fight. So what's amazing about this is that if you put it on your lord, and assuming there is no other way to harm him, he would get both of his pile in's worry free before the enemy gets to attack him. I've used this on my keeper of secrets and watch as 16 attacks come in before anything gets to swing back. 

Trait wise, I assume you are going seekers, since you only have 1 unit that will benefit from rerolls of 1's from pretenders. 

I always enjoy negatives to hit, so a flat -1 to hit in combat would be my choice. You are low on model count, so I'd stay away from the +1 to hit/cast espeically since your leader isn't a caster. The pile in 6" would be good, espcially if you are a seeker host. The lord would get an 18 inch move +d6 run and if you end within 6 of the enemy, you can pile in. You can bring hellstriders up with him who would also get a crazy move to give a -1 to hit aura. The bravery buff is not really worth it, and the bravery debuff is situational at best. 

Thanks for the info. Just some questions.

can i only pile in 6" if i have charged in the charge phase? I didnt think i would be able to pile in after only moving in move phase.

with breath taker, does the target unit only attack after all of that players units attack? Or after all of mine have? It says it can attack after all elegible enemy units have. If it is after all of their other elegible units attack it wont be as effective if they only have one unit in combat. But if it means after all my own units have attacked that is different story...

thanks again!

So you can be chosen to pile in and attack if you are within 6" of the enemy with this relic. 

With breath taker, its start of combat phase, so you will have to have charged for it to work. And its after ALL available units have done so. So if you charge a star drake with 5 units and you used breathtaker, all five units will get to attack before it does. I got this from an actual playtester for GW who said it was intended to be this way. 

On 8/3/2018 at 2:35 AM, carnith said:

Can I please get some help with this? It is for a doubles tournament.

Is this list legal for hosts of slaanesh? Will all units benefit from seekers movement bonuses? I am still working out how allegiences work.

everything is dedicated to slaanesh and using seekers.

breathtaker, alure of slaanesh.

daemon prince

10 warriors

5 hellstriders

5 knights

740/750 

thanks!

1 hour ago, Trav said:

Can I please get some help with this? It is for a doubles tournament.

Is this list legal for hosts of slaanesh? Will all units benefit from seekers movement bonuses? I am still working out how allegiences work.

everything is dedicated to slaanesh and using seekers.

breathtaker, alure of slaanesh.

daemon prince

10 warriors

5 hellstriders

5 knights

740/750 

thanks!

So long as they all have the mark of Slaanesh, all of them will benefit from the seekers trait :) as you have the Host of Slaanesh allegiance, Hellstriders and Slaanesh Chaos Warriors will both count as battleline so you're good to go there - everything is legal as far as I can see 

Archived