Lore Query - Lady Olynder Timeline

ClockworkGeo91

So I understand Lady Olynder was 'recently' granted the rank of Mortarch, yet apparently she was the one who send Vasblad (I think) the vampire to attack Glymmsforge at least a number of years ago. (when Malendrek was still a human defender loyal to Glymmsforge).

So has she been a Mortarch all this time, preceding the necroquake/nighthaunt attack? Or did she send the Vampire when she was human/a vengeful spirit?

Sorry if this question has an obvious answer.

Don't have the battletome handy but I remember reading that at some point after her death, she did assume rulership of the same region she ruled while living and it was partly this achievement that prompted Nagash to make her his Mortarch. (Which occurred post necroquake.)

She was a powerful Nighthaunt prior to being made a Mortarch, and was cursed to feel all the grief of the realms, but wasn't imbued with a portion of Nagash's power.

(I may be entirely wrong about the above, this is half remembered from my first read through of the battletome)

4 hours ago, VoodooChileIRL said:

Don't have the battletome handy but I remember reading that at some point after her death, she did assume rulership of the same region she ruled while living and it was partly this achievement that prompted Nagash to make her his Mortarch. (Which occurred post necroquake.)

She was a powerful Nighthaunt prior to being made a Mortarch, and was cursed to feel all the grief of the realms, but wasn't imbued with a portion of Nagash's power.

(I may be entirely wrong about the above, this is half remembered from my first read through of the battletome)

I suspected it must have been along these lines. The battle for Glymmsforge says that she wanted to add the city to her kingdom of grief. So I assumed she must have been the ‘ruler of grief’ before mortarch 

The impression I got is that she's been a powerful Nighthaunt queen for a very long time, but was only made into a Mortarch after the Necroquake. Indeed, part of why Nagash chose her is that she retained enough sense of self to exert rulership over other Nighthaunt. Since what Nagash wanted was a Mortarch who could unite the random and disorganised hosts of haunts risen up by the Necroquake into ordered processions that could attack strategically.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, Inqy said:

The impression I got is that she's been a powerful Nighthaunt queen for a very long time, but was only made into a Mortarch after the Necroquake. Indeed, part of why Nagash chose her is that she retained enough sense of self to exert rulership over other Nighthaunt. Since what Nagash wanted was a Mortarch who could unite the random and disorganised hosts of haunts risen up by the Necroquake into ordered processions that could attack strategically.

Thanks for this, I assumed as much. Just wanted the timeline right in my head.

Archived