Daemonettes of Slaanesh or Exalted Seeker Chariot?

Snakeb1te

I'm planning a mixed Chaos army with representatives of each of the four Chaos Gods.

For the Slaanesh contingent, I'm planning at least 10 Daemonettes because I love the models.

In addition to that, what would be better... 10 more Daemonettes (either in the same squad or not) or an Exalted Seeker Chariot?

The chariot seems pretty cool (although insane to paint).

Also I'm not clear on the Excess Blades rule... does it mean you roll x dice and if you roll a four its D3? Or is it EACH roll of four will each cause D3 mortal wounds?

FYI without getting into massive detail, the rest of the army will be mostly Slaves to Darkness, with a little Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch splashed in. No other Slaaneshi units aside from the above will be included.

Morning Snakeb1te. My two cents. You can't go too wrong with 20 daemoenttes. You'll miss out a little bit on their loci rule if you dont bring a slaaneshi hero. 10 daemonettes alone make decent speed bumps. A unit of 20 will have quite a good bite.

I've not had too much experience with the exalted seeker chariot, but I'm assuming the speed she will provide will give your army more utility over the additional daemonettes. That would be my pick over your two options.  As for your rule question I think you're reading it correctly. Roll a 4+ for each model within 1". If successful that unit takes d3 mortal wounds. So you could get a lot of mortal wounds off on a big unit if you charge it right.

I know you mentioned you didnt want any other slaanesh units, but I'd really consider a small unit of hellstriders. I dont particularly like the models myself but the Entrapturing Banner rule is super good. A great choice if you just want to take a small dip into the hosts of slaanesh. They are also one of slaanesh's few mortal units.

Thanks for the advice re the Hellstriders, that is quite a good bonus so I'll think about it. At some point in the future once I'll post my proposed army list here and see what y'all reckon.

However you confirmed that I'm right about the Excess Blades rule... but I proposed two explanations haha. Is it D3 mortal wounds per 4+ rolled per model? Or is it D3 wounds only no matter how manyy4+ you roll?

I read it as you do d3 mortal wounds for every 4+ you roll. That's how the other chariots work, its just this one does d3 mortal wounds per success instead of just 1 mortal wound like the lesser chariots. Seems pretty strong. But I guess that's what you get with a bunch of crazy lawn mower blades :P

I always interpreted as every 4+ means d3. But I can see how that could be read otherwise. But still, as @PensivePanther said, crazy lawn mover blades! Seems fitting ;)

I tried to compose a similar force (mostly because of the painting options). I always ended up with Khorne for force, Nurgle resilience, Tzeentch ranged and Slaanesh mobility. So from that point of view I would go chariot. From gameplay I very much like daemonettes  in bigger numbers, so I would go for that. So it's a toss up between theme or gameplay for me and theme would always win. But that's of course up to you ;) 

its d3 mortal wounds per 4+, so it is strong. 

If you are looking to add slaanesh to your army, I also vounch for hellstriders. They are super useful and do not need much support. They are just a support unit that can become stronger in the game, but has a hard time doing that initially. 

Excellent stuff guys! Indeed your hellstrider suggestion is good and I'll think carefully about it. Seems like I'll be getting the Slaanesh Start collecting to get all these units to play with!

I'm still not convinced about the "every 4+ means D3 MWs". I love the idea of it don't get me wrong, and I truly hope that is the right answer - but I also want to be fair to my opponent. Again - are we completely sure about this? Any tournament players out there who can confirm?

On 8/1/2018 at 7:23 PM, Snakeb1te said:

Excellent stuff guys! Indeed your hellstrider suggestion is good and I'll think carefully about it. Seems like I'll be getting the Slaanesh Start collecting to get all these units to play with!

I'm still not convinced about the "every 4+ means D3 MWs". I love the idea of it don't get me wrong, and I truly hope that is the right answer - but I also want to be fair to my opponent. Again - are we completely sure about this? Any tournament players out there who can confirm?

Can't speak for tournaments, but I asked this question a while ago on the AoS Fans Facebook page and every response said it was multiple d3s if you rolled well enough. Not an official ruling, but it goes to show that most opponents will be fine with it :)

On 8/5/2018 at 1:18 PM, Enoby said:

Can't speak for tournaments, but I asked this question a while ago on the AoS Fans Facebook page and every response said it was multiple d3s if you rolled well enough. Not an official ruling, but it goes to show that most opponents will be fine with it :)

Fantastic thanks! I do like the sound of that!

Archived