1k Olynder list

Skrekkugle

Came up with the following list, mostly based on what I own:

LEADERS

Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed (140)
- General
- Command Trait : Ruler of the Spirit Hosts
- Artefact : Midnight Tome

Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
- Lore of the Underworlds : Shademist

Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief (240)
- Lore of the Underworlds : Lifestealer

UNITS

20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)

6 x Spirit Hosts (240)

4 x Glaivewraith Stalkers (60)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 60

Probably stupid to bring Olynder to 1k games but I own the model and she is awesome. Would this list be viable at all or is it just trash? I find listbuilding for NH a lot harder than I thought. Everything is awesome!

We play matched without restrictions (except points) so I can really go for anything. This list is based on what I own, but if anyone got any suggestions for a no restrictions OP 1k list I would be happy to hear some ideas. The other guy is starting Deepkin and is not afraid to cheese!

Thanks!

Imo drop the Knight of Shrouds, you are spending more than 50% of your pts on heroes and you won't have enough CP to really make having two powerful command abilities worthwhile. Also his command ability synergizes better with reapers. +1 attack than spirit hosts or chainghasts anyway which you don't have.

Spend the points on more bodies. 140pts gets you some hexwraiths or a bunch more stalkers. Or if you are feeling frisky, drop the stalkers, the KoS, and the shackles to bring in a max size unit of Banshees. They hit hard, and +3 to dispel is amazing for stopping key spells. 

Then give the guardian the item to make his spell bring back more models. Its gloriously satisfying to see 8 or 9 banshees stand back up in a single turn.

Decisions, decisions.. Tried modifying my list a bit to get more bodies in, but ended up with less wounds. 

The plan is to hang back and guard home objective with Olynder, GoS and Chainrasp horde, then deepstrike the rest where needed. Chainrasps need buffs to kill stuff, but as long as they are not getting wiped with help from the GoS they are still fulfilling a role.. Spirit Torment goes with the deepstrikers for buffing.

Let me know what you think!

LEADERS

Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief (240)
- Lore of the Underworlds : Lifestealer

Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
- General
- Command Trait : Cloaked in Shadow (don't have the book on me, so have to decide trait later, but something to help survivability maybe)
- Lore of the Underworlds : Shademist
- Infernal Lantern (Artefact) : Beacon of Nagashizzar

Spirit Torment (120)

UNITS

20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)

10 x Grimghast Reapers (140)

10 x Bladegheist Revenants (180)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Soulsnare Shackles (20)

TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 57

(Probably should abandon the command trait and make Olynder general for her CA)

4 hours ago, Skrekkugle said:

robably should abandon the command trait and make Olynder general for her CA

Welcome to AoS v2, everybody gets to command if you have points to spare.

so no reason to make her general, if you don’t have to (like Nagash in grand host)

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

Welcome to AoS v2, everybody gets to command if you have points to spare.

so no reason to make her general, if you don’t have to (like Nagash in grand host)

She has to be general to use her command ability :)

image.png.da90e469566485127fd08f5482259e04.png

Just read that, but it is pretty good, for spirit hosts and hexwraith and stuff with 2+ hp...

even though it is not wholly within 12“, still places her in a pretty aggressive spot. But I guess that’s where she belongs

Archived