Dracoline and Tauralon background?

DanielFM

I got the softback, spanish-translated Battletome to save quite the hefty money, but that means it lacks quite a bit of fluff (unit background, I think).

Could someone tell me in a few words what's the background for Tauralons and Dracolines?

PD: I'm sorry if that's not the appropriate thread. It's about Order and it got ignored and swamped by other comments in the Stormcast thread.

Hi @DanielFM

Such a shame that the translated editions contain compressed background now!

Dracolines have vicious personalities and can only be tamed/mounted by a rider with a strong will. Predatory hunters, they sharpen their claws on Azyrite realmstone, giving them an electric charge.

Tauralons live in the aether between the realms,  have a diet that mostly consists of magic-eating fish, and enjoy headbutting meteorites for fun. They avoid getting up close and personal in combat if they can, preferring to illuminate enemy units with a trail of astral light to help friendly stormcast missile troops fill them with arrows and bolts better.

Hope this helps. :) 

2 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Hi @DanielFM

Such a shame that the translated editions contain compressed background now!

Dracolines have vicious personalities and can only be tamed/mounted by a rider with a strong will. Predatory hunters, they sharpen their claws on Azyrite realmstone, giving them an electric charge.

Tauralons live in the aether between the realms,  have a diet that mostly consists of magic-eating fish, and enjoy headbutting meteorites for fun. They avoid getting up close and personal in combat if they can, preferring to illuminate enemy units with a trail of astral light to help friendly stormcast missile troops fill them with arrows and bolts better.

Hope this helps. :) 

Thanks a lot! That's pretty much what I needed!

Any hint of one or both of them having any connection to Dracothion (as Dracoths and Stardrakes) or are they simply Azyrite beasts as Gryph-chargers or Aetherwings?

1 hour ago, DanielFM said:

Thanks a lot! That's pretty much what I needed!

Any hint of one or both of them having any connection to Dracothion (as Dracoths and Stardrakes) or are they simply Azyrite beasts as Gryph-chargers or Aetherwings?

Nothing to do with Dracothion, so just regular old Azyrite beasts (well, as regular as fauna native to Azyr is able to get) :) 

Archived