GW Update: AoS2 Base Size Suggestions - Corrections Collation

syph0n

1 hour ago, Boss Salvage said:

Also  screamers jumped from 32mm round to 60mm! Was that to match the herald on disc? Or because the writer was thinking of the wrong flight stand size? Because they come with the smaller ones :/

I am painting up some screamers at the moment (lovely models). I made a custom flying stand out of a 40 mm rounds because I thought 32 mm looked way too small. I did consider 50 mm but 60 mm - isn't that getting a little big? I guess they do have very long tails? I haven't glued them to the flying stands yet but as they are going to be used in Silver Tower 60 mm bases is probably a bit big.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

I am painting up some screamers at the moment (lovely models). I made a custom flying stand out of a 40 mm rounds because I thought 32 mm looked way too small. I did consider 50 mm but 60 mm - isn't that getting a little big? I guess they do have very long tails? I haven't glued them to the flying stands yet but as they are going to be used in Silver Tower 60 mm bases is probably a bit big.

I’d recommend magnetizing them or not gluing them to the ball-fit flying stands. I actually didn’t glue the peg with steel ball bearing on it to the stand.

FC1BEFD3-0692-4701-B384-9333EB14CD4B.jpeg.7e8d935fff908cbe13f5ffa130b35d80.jpeg

And you probably don’t want larger than a 50mm base for Silver Tower. (The squares are ~40-45mm across.) 

For movement trays I always found it was simple to get metal roofing shingles from the hardware store.  Then cut them to shape with some tin snips.  Put some magnets under or into the model bases and your done.  Simple, cheap, and they work better than most movement trays I have seen available for purchase.  You can use some plasticard to add edges if you want as well.

Chaos

Skaven Masterclan

Thanquol and Boneripper has been coming with a 100mm round for the non-rectangular monster base (apparently) 

GW recommendation “105x70”

Word on the street is that the model has been shipping with a 100mm round and a 100x60 monster base.

So they might want to check that as well.

Archived