Archaon lists aos2

Tizianolol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not understand how they could exclude all armies with specific battleline units, as Everchosen are, from all artefacts of power and Allegiance Abilities.

R.I.P. almost all Chaos sub-factions ..

13 minutes ago, Drib said:

I do not understand how they could exclude all armies with specific battleline units, as Everchosen are, from all artefacts of power and Allegiance Abilities.

R.I.P. almost all Chaos sub-factions ..

You can take GA Chaos stuff if your allegiance has nothing by itself. See the new FAQ.

1 hour ago, RoyalDachshund said:

My oh, my.

I've purchased Archaon yesterday.

FAQ landed.

An expensive paperweight is always a nice thing... :P

An alternation from Darrens List is most likely still rather viable.

Morning friends,

Messing around with some lists for my Slaanesh Daemons and this one struck me. 

Allegiance: Slaanesh
Leaders
Archaon (660)
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
- General
- Trait: Devotee of Torment 
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
Daemon Prince Of Slaanesh (160)
Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)
Herald Of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Battleline
5 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear
- Claw spear
10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (100)
Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

So the basic jist of it is (and assuming I've got the hang of Allegiances and Allegiance abilities)....
- I have 4 heavy-hitting units (Archaon, 2xKoS and the Daemon Prince) who move a minimum of 16 inches each turn and charge 2D6+4; an average of 27 inches for the slowest of those 4 models assuming the Cogs go off
- Using Archaon's Command Ability activating all of the other Command Abilities, I have 3 units of my choice (obvs Archaon and the 2 KoS) that can pile in and attack twice in the combat phase. And one of those Keepers can pile in from 6" away for both activations
- I get the summoning ability from the Depravity Points system for wounds caused on my Slaanesh heroes (of which they all are), and wounds caused on enemy heroes (of which there will be plenty of).

All of this is assuming I've got Allegiance Abilities right which there is a really strong chance I don't. Can you guys confirm any of this for me?

Cheers in advance, y'all!

Spoiler
4 hours ago, BradReligion said:

Morning friends,

Messing around with some lists for my Slaanesh Daemons and this one struck me. 

Leaders
Archaon (660)
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
- General
- Trait: Devotee of Torment 
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
Daemon Prince Of Slaanesh (160)
Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)
Herald Of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Battleline
- Claw spear
- Claw spear
10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (100)
Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

So the basic jist of it is (and assuming I've got the hang of Allegiances and Allegiance abilities)....
- I have 4 heavy-hitting units (Archaon, 2xKoS and the Daemon Prince) who move a minimum of 16 inches each turn and charge 2D6+4; an average of 27 inches for the slowest of those 4 models assuming the Cogs go off
- Using Archaon's Command Ability activating all of the other Command Abilities, I have 3 units of my choice (obvs Archaon and the 2 KoS) that can pile in and attack twice in the combat phase. And one of those Keepers can pile in from 6" away for both activations
- I get the summoning ability from the Depravity Points system for wounds caused on my Slaanesh heroes (of which they all are), and wounds caused on enemy heroes (of which there will be plenty of).

All of this is assuming I've got Allegiance Abilities right which there is a really strong chance I don't. Can you guys confirm any of this for me?

Cheers in advance, y'all!

I also like the Slaanesh-way for Archaon, but I am taking a different aproach. But first considering the Allegiance:

- Archaon needs to be your General for his Command Ability (Or Invader Host).

- You get Depravity points for every non-killing wound not only on Heroes.

So considering your list, I don't like the Keeper of Secrets as he is not worth his 260 point, in my opinion. I would also sugguest to include more Bodies to get a hold on objectives.

My Archaon Slaanesh list looks like this:

Spoiler
- Host: Seekers
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Archaon (660)
- General
The Masque Of Slaanesh (80)
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- Artefact: Fallacious Gift
Chaos Lord Of Slaanesh (100)

Battleline
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Halberd & Shield
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Halberd & Shield
10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (100)

Units
3 x Varanguard (280)

- Daemonforged Blade
- Allies

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 122

It has a good amount of wounds and Bodies, good synergy with Command Abilities and the Varanguard on top of it. I aspecially like the Fallacious Gift, used on an enemy's ranged weapon, to give him a choice.

25 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Ok, maybe I am just silly, so please correct me If necessary...first, they changed many CAs to work in different phases and after that changed Archaon's CA to only effect hero phase CAs? Really?

That's true!But I am happy it did not hit Slaanesh so far. Nurgle should be ok(?) and Tzeentch does only have two still in the hero phase. But on the Skaven side there were some cut-offs. I am not too sure for the other factions like Khorne or Slaves to Darkness haven't checked them yet as I am more into Tzeentch and Slaanesh.

9 minutes ago, Drib said:

That's true!But I am happy it did not hit Slaanesh so far. 

That's unfortunately not going to last long. Exalted KoS was already updated so his CA works in combat phase now and its the same effect as KoS, Lord on the daemonic mount etc. so its very much possible other warscrolls will follow in the new battletome :(

Think normal Chaos Chariots are good for Slaanesh, they offer the most Depravity Points per point spent of anything available (13.33DP/P... I may have a spreadsheet), plus they look cool as hell! Not that things should be taken solely for Depravity Points, but it's worth considering.

Playing around with Nurgle and archaon on warscroll builder and came up with this. It is pure lol

Archaon

Kayzk the befowled

Harbinger of decay

Lord of Blights

Lord of Blights

40 Maruaders with axe and shield, mark of nurgle

40 Maruaders with axe and shield, mark of nurgle

10 Blightkings.

Leaves 60 points for +1 cp or cogs. 

Cogs turn one would make the marauders base move 8, run d6 +1 , charge (feculant gnarlmaws)  2d6+3.

80 marauders which are all 5+/5++, -2 to hit vs shooting and -1 to hit vs melee, and immune to battlshock. Alternatively take out one of the LoB for Gutrot to ambush with the 10 kings. 

Archived