First GH2018 List: C&C Please

svnvaldez

I'm going to a 20 man 3 game RTT in 3 weeks. I have seen enough of the rules to get a feel for what I think will be good. My feeling is that mobility and speed are going to be super important with the new missions and we will see a ton less alpha bunker lists. The idea of this list is that it works similar to the old StoneRukk. 3 beast will go in the middle with the grots lined out 20x1 on each flank. That way you cover the board and nothing will be coming up behind you, only infront of you. No one will be turn 1 charging because of the fanatics. This list will not win the drops so your opponent gets to decide who goes first. If I take turn 1 I will just walk up on objectives holding the formation and keeping everything 18 away as to not get cast on (the fanatics then allow 2 turns of scoring). If they take first turn I will hit them with the 3 beasts. Gordrakk can move 6(2+ rampaging destroyer)+12+3d6 charge = 28.5 threat range on avg. Flying stonehorn can go 6(CP for 6 run)+6(2+ rampaging destroyer)+16+ 3d6 charge = 38.5 threat avg. Note that only one beast will have ravager's rampaging destroyer and Gordrakks CA so one will be a little slower than the numbers above. Tzeentch, Krukk, and Hordes scared me away from the StoneRukk in  GH17. I'm not seeing any of the same fears in GH2018. What are your guys thoughts? 

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn 
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artifact: Fly + 4 Move
Frostlord on Stonehorn 
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork 

Battleline
20 x Moonclan Grots 
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Moonclan Grots 
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Gitmob Grots 
- Bows & Slashas

Units
3 x Grot Fanatics 
3 x Grot Fanatics 

Wounds: 107

My initial thought is that Gordrak is wasted in that list because you don't have a battalion. He gets considerably worse without it, switching him to a normal MK loses you very little but gives you 100 points extra to play with, that's a fungoid cave shaman and 20 towards triumph.

Archived