What colour are your spirit hosts?

ZaelART

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:19 AM, Sharrankar said:

Here is the unit I've completed recently - I went with a higher contrast and more fancy bases to make them a bit more interesting

20180721_011715.jpg

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how did you do the bases for these? The flowers look amazing!

Just finished today, super basic colour scheme but still getting my hand in having not painted any models for 28 years. Fun models though so once I've got through everything else on my desk I'm really tempted to buy some more and go to town with them.

spirithost.jpg

On 8/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, Blastbeat_Pie said:

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how did you do the bases for these? The flowers look amazing!

Thanks! The bases are a mixture of random tufts and flowers from different companies - iirc there are Army Painters tufts but I can't remember the name of the company that produced the flowers lol
Tho tbh, you should be able to achieve a very similar effect using basing materials from any company.

A tip I can give everyone here is to keep your bases diverse and not flat - I'm usually adding some cork in random places, to simulate little mounds. Also, using different types of sand/gravel works well!

Archived