Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

What is the verdict on Prosecutor equipment?  I recall before that Hammers were considered much better than javelins, has that changed?  IMHO Javelins look so much cooler but effectiveness is always a concern.  I'm thinking of revisiting Stormcast as an army soon and want mainly foot guys and Prosecutors, no cavalry (my vision of stormcast is infantry with lots of heroes, not so much mounted guys).

Javelins always , rend and extra ranged attack is worth it. Not to mention a cheaper unit ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

Javelins always , rend and extra ranged attack is worth it. Not to mention a cheaper unit ...

Agreed Javelin's are better.  I think the hammers look cooler though. 

Excellent.  So as I said what appeals to me is a more traditional style army, ranks of heroic warriors standing strong against the tide of darkness, angels on shimmering wings bringing judgment to the wicked, led by mighty heroes.  I think I am probably going with Hallowed Knights for the colors (and because nothing sounds cooler than yelling "Only the Faithful!" when smiting the wicked)

Turns out I have the following already:

* 1x Lord-Relictor
* 5x Liberators (assembled) w/Hammer and Shield, Prime w/Grandhammer
* 5x Liberators (on sprue)
* 5x Paladins (on sprue)

So going with my visual concept of a Stormcast army, maybe something like the following building on what I have already (battletome is at home so I didn't pick traits or artefacts right now):

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Celestant (100)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Vexillor (140)
- Pennant of the Stormbringer
Knight-Heraldor (120)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
6 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (160)
- 2x Stormsurge Tridents
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 1780/2000

Not sure what else to add here, the idea is something similar to an older style Stormcast army before the Vanguard stuff.  I could look at replacing the Lord Celestant on foot with one on a Dracoth (having the army general on a cool mount fits in with my vision) and be at 1900 points with 100 left (throw in the gryph hound for the Castellant?).  Of course this is assuming none of these points change in GHB2017.

Only things I have seen is that the Stardrakes dropped by 40 points (Templar at least) and the Javelin prosecutors went down 20 points, and Liberators get the massive regiment discount but I can't remember the number.  Also... Tempestors (? one of those dracothian guard) went down a bit too I think.

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

Prosecutors down in points? That's surprising if true.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I would be shocked if the hammer prosecutors don't drop in points, they are not very good compared to javelins

18 minutes ago, Requizen said:

If they really are 60 per unit, Tempest Lords is the hotness of hotnesses.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Going by the reviews, probs not actually gaining anything if you got this route. Guess most battalions went up like 60+

I cant really believe they would be 60 pr unit either. Then the individual prosecutor would be priced the same as a liberator, which seems weird given how much better they are. It was on the "warofsigmar" blog that the owner mentionedthe point decrease, along with a lot of other point answers to people. Maybe he got it wrong. 

I played the tempest lords list last night against a Sylvaneth household with durthu, loremaster, pretty standard list. It completely wrecked them. None of us are a good players, but I was extremely surprised by the power of it! If the net cost of the army stays the same I'd be very happy.
The Prime is an absolute beast in the list, being able to charge, stay out of pile in range and then pile in his own 3" since he completed a charge move. He can also beat over the liberators and is just extremely versatile. 
The Prosecutors can basically move from one end of the table to another in a turn, and the buffed up liberators just jump around wherever you need them.  Being able to move inside 18" range and the charge away afterwards also gives a lot of play against Tzeentch, as that is ther crucial range. In addition the 2 dmg javelins are poison to all their poor save heroes. 

New points :

Liberator 100/520 for 30

Prime: 340

Lord sur Stardrake: 560

Prosecutor javeline: 100

Tempestor: 220

And the most important bataillons

Aetherstrike Force 180

Hammerstrike Force 220

Tempest Lords Harbinger Chamber 240

The Skyborn Slayers 240

Thunderhead Brotherhood 180

Vanguard wing 200

Warrior Brotherhood 240

The battalions increases certainly change it up a little. However, I'm concerned considering our low model count army anyway, and what appears that not many units have gone down in cost. Are we looking at tougher times ahead ?

One drops are no more, who would sink 400+pts on a battalion

Archived