GH Reinforcement Pool

NukeDoctor

Question

I have been reading through the reinforcement rules in the General's Handbook and it seems like the "reinforcement pool" is completely separate from the "army," which has an impact in the allegiance rules. For example, some units become Battleline the entire "army" is a certain faction. I play Death, so here's an example: Morghasts are Battleline if the entire army is Deathlords, so I think the following list would be legal at 2000 points: Arkhan the Black, three units of Morghasts, and 940 reinforcement points. My understanding is that these reinforcement points could then be used to bring on any eligible unit, even a non-Deathlords unit. I am curious to get everyone else's understanding on this rule. 

5 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, NukeDoctor said:

I have been reading through the reinforcement rules in the General's Handbook and it seems like the "reinforcement pool" is completely separate from the "army," which has an impact in the allegiance rules. For example, some units become Battleline the entire "army" is a certain faction. I play Death, so here's an example: Morghasts are Battleline if the entire army is Deathlords, so I think the following list would be legal at 2000 points: Arkhan the Black, three units of Morghasts, and 940 reinforcement points. My understanding is that these reinforcement points could then be used to bring on any eligible unit, even a non-Deathlords unit. I am curious to get everyone else's understanding on this rule. 

This is my reading of this as well, but you need to be able to know the spell, so you won't be summoning any greater daemons.

This is exactly how the rule has been intended to play.

The main thing to confirm now is how tournaments run their list building. Ie. If you submit a 2000 point list do you have to then use only those models for your reinforcement pool? If so that is quite limiting.

A better way would be to submit a 2000 point list for the tournament, then you may leave reinforcement points as normal but be able to bring on whatever you like.

Archived