The extent of the next two publications.

I'd bet my right hand on Battletomes for Stormcast and Nighthaunt being out in at least the next couple of months after the new edition. Ideally I'd like the new starter set to come with a pretty meaty lore book covering the nine realms, the background up to now and ideally some new plot strands that will be built on by the forthcoming battletomes. Hopefully the rules will be kept separate to that so that it doesn't have to be lugged to every game along with armies, battletomes and endless spells.

I daresay most of the new rules will be in the starter set and reprinted in the GHB-18 for players who don't want the starter set armies. As it stands, there will already be two sets of contradictory rules and points from those battletomes that have the old core rules printed in them. I'd rather they not increase that to three when GHB 19 comes out by putting points and matched play rules in the starter book. That said I wouldn't be that bothered if they did, I just think it might lead to confusion for some newbies and I like things to be neat and clear.

One thing I do expect is that the starter set will be just that - something targeted at beginners. Of course lots of established players will want it too, but I'd expect most of the stuff targeted at vets (matched play, narrative campaigns etc) to be in the GHB.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, amysrevenge said:

I'm mostly curious to see how updated Warscrolls are going to be handled.  There are likely to be dozens of them updating, more than any time since the Grand Alliance books came out and updated stuff from the original compendiums.  It seems like a lot of space to take up in, say, the GH2018.  I wonder if they will do an electronic-only update.

The more I see, the more convinced I am that the updated Warscrolls will NOT be printed in any new book.  Every Warscroll that has a summoning spell on it will be updated (so many Seraphon lol) because of the new summoning mechanics.  I was thinking dozens before, it's going to be updates for over a hundred I bet, maybe a couple hundred, once the dust settles.  The only reasonable way is a electronic-only update.

Archived