Starting Slaves to Darkness 1k-1250army

Verengard

Honestly I would wait a month; ghb18 is going to change the landscape significantly. Otherwise;

At the moment the beauty of slaves is that you can build them any way you want; want a horde? Buy marauders. Want nothing but chariots? Go for it. Basically everything is battleline, so you can literally just buy the models you like and plonk them on the table.

They won't kill stuff though. The army has very few outlets for mortal wounds or rend, so you need to ally it in, or base your force around one of the battalions.

Your allies list is kind of good, and if you keep to mortals, will synergise with the rest of your army. But you can't ally with daemons of chaos, or monsters of chaos, unless you can give them a mark (and do), then ally them in through that keyword instead (so no daemon prince as your general, or hounds as chaff... ?)

There are also a couple of good battalions for Nurgle & Tzeentch mortals at the moment, but others might get better/cheaper in june.

Not really want to be super competitive. 

What i was thinking of :

1x lord on manticore

1x sorcerer lord

5x knights

5x knights

15x warriors  + 1x chariot OR 20 x warriors

that would require 2x start collecting + lord or separate boxes

Where to get sorcerer lord on mount model ?

20 hours ago, Verengard said:

Not really want to be super competitive. 

What i was thinking of :

1x lord on manticore

1x sorcerer lord

5x knights

5x knights

15x warriors  + 1x chariot OR 20 x warriors

that would require 2x start collecting + lord or separate boxes

Where to get sorcerer lord on mount model ?

You can't get a mounted sorcerer lord anymore, you'd have to convert one. I made mine by putting the sorcerer lord on a base with a horse, not on a horse, beside it ?... it's cheesy but if they delete the option, all I have to do is pull them both off that base.

The lord on manticore also has parts to make a sorceror lord (they use completely separate components) so all you really need is a spare horse. 

Also, if your looking at cavalry and chariots the lord on daemonic mount is brilliant for that type of force. If you keep the characters unglued from the manticore you could swap them over at will to cover four different options (mounted sorcerer/manticore sorceror/manticore lord/daemonic Mount lord)

Archived