Starting a Flesh-eater Courts army

Prometheo567

Hi. Sorry if this is (or similar petitions) has been answered already. If so, please feel free to delete or block this thread.

I am coming back to AoS after some time without playing Warhammer. At Warhammer Fantasy I usually played Tzeentch Chaos Warriors and Vampire Counts, so while I guess that Legions of Nagash would be a stronger start, I feel attracted to FEC's lore and I am hoping I can assemble an usable army. My meta is pretty casual but there are some competitive players and I would like to have a chance against them.

What I currently have assembled are

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist, Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon and Abhorrant Ghoul King on foot.
Around 6 Crypt Haunter Courtiers, a Crypt Ghast Courtier, a Crypt Infernal Courtier and a Varghulf Courtier
53 Crypt Ghouls
6 Crypt Horrors

And a Horror/Flayer unassembled. Maybe I could try to get another courtier...

I see that Deadwatch armies are often recommended but I am guessing that I need around 18 flayers (plus courtiers) to make it work and honestly that sounds like a strong money investment. On the other hand, I could use an Abattoir if I risked using 3-strong horror units. Is that too risky? Anyway, probably I shouldn't go above 1000 points on this army with the minis I have.

If you have any suggestions to make, please do so. Thank you in advance.

Archived